12 days ago
Gamers spent more than $100 billion on in-game items last year. However, $0 of that went to other players - it mostly went directly to huge free-to-play game studios. At Immutable, we're all about ownership: using blockchain technology to provide gamers with real and "immutable" ownership, rather than licensing agreements, over the items they've worked so hard to acquire.
Powering the world's most popular blockchain games, Immutable builds marketplaces and infrastructure so that game developers can provide better value to their users and introduce free-market economies inside their games. A critical part of that ecosystem is our upcoming launch of Immutable X, our cross game item marketplace and exchange functionality.
It will offer fast, reliable trades with minimal transaction fees and will support both first- and third-party assets that function within the Immutable ecosystem. Immutable X is non-custodial, meaning users will have complete control over their assets at all times and won't have to place their trust in any central entity to hold and manage their assets for them.
We are looking for a Product Leader to accompany the launch of Immutable X and help us develop future platform products to make gaming easier.
A bit about the role
You will own all areas of product management for the Immutable Platform and Immutable X. This role has tremendous growth potential, as we expand the marketplace and the games and users on it.
As a Product Manager, you will act as the glue between our most technical teams, external users and developers, and our internal stakeholders. You will need to understand the varied user needs for all participants in this exciting and evolving space, and you will own the roadmap for future development of this key infrastructure used by internal and external partners.
Here’s how you’ll contribute
- Own product development from concept to launch
- Develop, create and prioritise the roadmap for our platform team
- Act as Product Owner in our Agile Scrum process
- Weigh up difficult tradeoffs involving user, security and engineering requirements
- Create clear and comprehensive user stories for the teamResearch the blockchain, defi and exchange spaces to develop an understanding of what is possible in this space
- Analyse traditional item marketplaces in order to understand what mainstream users want and expect
- Communicate with users to understand their needs and desires
- Work closely with our data analytics team and dashboards in order to constantly improve the product
- Collaborate with Senior Leadership, stakeholders, designers and engineers
A bit about you
- 2+ years of experience working as a software product manager in a startup environment
- 5+ years experience in a product or technical role
- Previous experience working in an agile environment
- Ability to think critically about product strategy, positioning and customer value
- Align teams on a shared vision and steer execution removing any roadblocks
- Demonstrated skills of ownership and ability to drive/release products that have made a positive impact you are proud of
- Proven ability to effectively communicate and discuss technical requirements with engineering and delivery (ops/release/infrastructure) teams
- Experience influencing at all levels to drive successful outcomes
Some extra skills/interests that would be awesome
- Worked on a blockchain exchange or product
- Passion for blockchain, cryptocurrency and the Immutable mission
Some of the things we can offer you
- Competitive salary, plus equity
- Relocation package
- Flexibility to work from home regularly
- Located near Central Station in Surry Hills with a rooftop where we hold loads of parties and BBQs (pre-COVID)
- Weekly social events and numerous celebrations
- A very supportive, fun and progressive environment
- We provide you with all the hardware and an additional $750 to set up your new home office
- Perkbox benefits including premium access to calm, an online fitness portal and discounts at major retailers
- Thousands of courses on Go1, my academy and Naspers
- Access to 24/7 EAP service