10 days ago
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Discipline at Epic
What we do
For us, product management means thinking about behaviors of gamers and systematically questioning assumptions to find reasons, gaps, options, and solutions in creating impact on gamers, developers and creators. We strive to understand why things work (or don’t work), and to implement those findings with a purpose and elegance.
As a Product Manager at Epic you will be a vision holder for your team, collaborating with production, development, design and operations to build new products and services, processes and growth plan all in continuous alignment with a vision and strategic roadmap. You are responsible for driving better experience through disciplined analytics and experimentation with measurable goals. You will enforce the vision and purpose of ‘WHY’ for existing products and services, onboarding/activation/live operations, and optimization for all processes and governance.
What you’ll do
Own - Business Requirement for articulating vision, strategy, definition of success, KPI, risks, and operational plan for GTM and expansion for both existing and new products and services.
Collaborate - With stakeholders such as engineering, design, publishing, and operation to ensure continuous alignment balanced with strategic execution against the vision and the roadmap with purposeful and effective communication both formal and informal, humble and proactive attitude and an open mind to listen carefully and decide what is the most important aspect of the product and services .
Execute - Become a business owner for the results of products and services. Against KPIs, conduct overlapping, multivariate experiments, to better understand behavior patterns/trends, and iterate to enhance all areas of product and services. And identify new opportunities to enhance existing products and services, optimize current processes and operations and ideas of all new ways of doing things.
In this role, you will
- Own the end-to-end journey to create a frictionless experience to make publishing games onto the Epic Games Store quick AND fun!
- Including but not limited to the following:
- Discovery and benefits of publishing on EGS
- Onboarding of existing and new game developers
- Asset management and pre published experience previews
- Multiple territories and language distribution
- Commerce and title variety management (editions, add ons, etc)
- Draft, review, final publish flows
- Ongoing support and intake from publishers to continually improve tools
- Own strategy for existing publishing features, upcoming feature releases, onboarding/activation with appropriate operations teams, and cycles for continuous product optimization
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define goals and thoughtfully evolve publishing experience, including: Executive Team, Development, UX/Design, Marketing, Publishing as well as Game Developers
- Own communication and take accountability for every experience and tool enhancement to ensure its adoption’s success
- Detail stories with use cases, dependencies, acceptance criteria and scope of features
- Maintain a live backlog balancing the needs of internal and external stakeholders
- Work with dev leads to ensure alignment with roadmap, and make adjustments as necessary
- Understand behavior patterns/trends outside of direct publisher intake to identify new product opportunities
- Fill in missing gaps where staff or resources are unavailable
What we’re looking for
- 7+ years in game industry or entertainment industries with commerce executions
- Proven track record of driving high-growth for consumer facing products
- Developed tools for end-to-end publishing
- Architecting complex cms taxonomies
- Experience conducting overlapping, multivariate experiments
- Knowledge in Tableau, Jira, TargetProcess
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Passionate about doing the right thing, not afraid to say NO and knowing how to take calculated risks to create maximum impact
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.