Product Manager, Wave Creation Kit
9 months ago
Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset and enjoy working in a fast-moving product space at the intersection of technology and live entertainment? Come help us define the future of live music! Together we'll create amazing experiences for audiences and set new creative boundaries for live performers.
Wave is an entertainment technology company and creator of the world’s first multi-channel virtual entertainment platform for live concerts. Using proprietary content development tools built on top of the Unity game engine, Wave creates dynamic virtual spaces for artists to perform live for audiences around the world, bringing fans new interactive live concert experiences. We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to help drive the development of the Wave Creation Kit, the set of Unity tools and systems we use to create, produce and broadcast live virtual concerts.
This role will be responsible for the full product development lifecycle -- from understanding customer needs to identifying the most impactful features and improvements to measuring success after release. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on product manager with a proven track record of delivering industry-leading content creation products for use by professional artists in the Media & Entertainment space. We’re looking for candidates with experience creating the product vision and roadmap for early-stage products, who can wear multiple hats to fill gaps and ensure forward progress. You’ll work with 3D artists, UX designers, software engineers, QA, Legal, operations and other teams to deliver this unique solution serving both internal and external customers.
- Musician/Music Lover
- Passion for live events
- Lead the definition, design and development of Unity-based tools and systems to enable content development, live production and broadcasting of virtual concerts.
- Lead the development of product roadmap and vision.
- Collaborate with Engineering to plan R&D efforts and incorporate learnings into the product roadmap.
- Develop detailed, crisp customer requirements, user stories, and product specifications.
- Manage trade-offs among customer experience and performance.
- Communicate product plans, roadmaps and results to stakeholders and executives.
- Drive productization and externalization of the Wave Creation Kit for 3rd party production studios and agencies, including documentation, packaging, deployment and updates.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in Product Management.
- 3+ years experience building or working with content creation tools for professional artists, preferably in the Media & Entertainment industry.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Experience translating customer needs into detailed product requirements.
- Technical fluency and familiarity with motion capture, 3D content creation and game engine technologies.
- Ability to gauge complexity of a planned feature, make schedule tradeoffs, and evaluate roadmap timeframes with technical team members.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience working with or building on top of the Unity game engine.
- Experience working with or building live virtual production and/or operations tools.
- Experience developing products, tools and/or services for external customers in the game development, audio/video broadcasting or live streaming space.
- Experience working in startups.