Product Manager, Monetization Tools
15 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Product Manager, Monetization Tools
San Francisco, CA
PlayStation Monetization Tools is the home for game creators and PlayStation® Store operators, bringing all of our tools together into a single place to make excellent content that consumers love, at an attractive price.
This role is focused primarily on the supply chain for digital voucher codes on the PlayStation® Store. These codes are distributed to consumers in many different ways including printed cards, game inserts, and email campaigns. Our team is looking for an expert Senior Product Manager to define the tools, processes, and services.
- Own and evangelize the vision and strategy for the PlayStation Partners: Codes application.
- Lead product definition of new and existing Codes tools and services.
- Be responsible for the backlog of initiatives and features and drive prioritization.
- Work closely with key internal global business partners to elicit requirements for new functionality.
- Partner with Program Management as they supervise delivery, manage timelines, resolve blockers and risks.
- Support User Experience in the design of new functionality
- Partner with Business Analysts to define business logic and requirements
- Partner with Product Owners and Engineering leads to prepare stories for delivery
- Collaborate with engineering teams to clearly convey requirements and provide insight into business rationale/benefits, including presenting at large planning events
- Ensure features are backed by important metrics, and that success is measured on an ongoing basis.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in product management ideally experience with internal tools/services.
- Outstanding product management skills
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to present ideas to large audiences.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented.
- Ability to travel
The ideal candidate will have:
- Understanding of order management systems, approval workflows, file encryption, data warehouses, and metrics/measurement tools.
- Hands-on experience in an agile software development process. Knowledge of waterfall development.
- Have worked collaboratively with partners and project team members to further the objectives of our products and services
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multiple project environment on an independent basis
- Knowledge of movie, music, and video game service and software industries, business models, and markets including challenging services is helpful but not required (we don’t expect you to be a gamer, but we love to talk games!)
- Can provide examples of prior work (requirements documents, user stories, wireframes, user flows, etc)
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.