Product Manager (Training Simulations), Defence
8 days ago
Improbable has created SpatialOS: a networking solution combining low latency, tools for faster iteration, and a ready-to-go architecture capable of supporting innovative games. Now the Improbable Defence division, building on the backbone of SpatialOS, has combined world class scientific modelling, market leading AI, mission specific user interfaces and a uniquely flexible and secure deployment model to create a powerful simulation platform tailored to the needs of the military.
Our mission? To enable the most realistic and effective military simulations ever experienced, making defence users more effective on operations and decreasing the cost of military preparedness.
Improbable Defence develops a software platform that enables the creation of single synthetic environments, with the aim of providing truly full spectrum synthetic training and planning platforms. This will ultimately make defence users more effective when deployed on modern, multi-domain operations and plummet the cost of military preparedness.
You will lead on identifying and growing our core product offering, its benefits, vision and roadmap in the entire training market. Our initial focus has been on land (across the LVC blend - live, virtual, constructive training), but we view sea and air as equally important markets. You will help shape our offering to those markets and, crucially, the interoperability between them - the single synthetic environment.
Areas for impact
- Represent the voice of the customer.
- Identify the key benefits and value of products, establishing the product vision.
- Work closely with UX Researchers, Product Designers and Product Owners to define and prioritise the product roadmap & lead definition of releases.
- Work with internal stakeholders and third parties to assess and establish partnerships.
- Become an expert on the product, the market, relevant technology and the competition.
- Collate feedback from sales and customers.
- Support development of business cases for investments and gain internal approval.
- Support development positioning and messaging to differentiate products in the market.
- Support the development of collateral and sales tools that support the selling process.
We'd love to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- Proven product/ programme management or systems engineering experience with a tactical/ military simulation software gained in an end customer or supplier capacity.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop repeatable processes or improve existing processes in and out of product development.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to a broad audience.
- Ability to think about the bigger vision and execute on minor detailing.
- Strong communication skills and a collaborative working style.
- Creative, entrepreneurial streak with strong business acumen.
- Preferably a strong academic grounding in Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or similar.
Nb: While we think the above experience could be important, we can’t predict the future and so we’re keen to hear from applicants that believe they have valuable experience. If you identify with the team & mission, but not all of the suggestions, then please still apply!!
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.