Product Manager, Media and Entertainment
Montreal, QC, Canada
5 days ago
We are looking for a market-facing Product Manager to join our Media and Entertainment business. In this role, you will work closely with customers to define requirements, with product teams to create a product roadmap, and with internal stakeholders and external partners to define and execute a go-to-market strategy. Your efforts will be focused on the value of Unity for animation, production tool development, workflows, and other solutions. This will include helping to develop our long-term strategy, keeping a pulse on what the industry customers require from real-time and Unity, and keeping an eye on the competitive landscape. You will be working with our partners to help make their ecosystems a place where Unity developers, artists, and storytellers can thrive.
Unity for realtime storytelling is a new and exciting objective. Unity is dedicated to helping our users get the most out of any medium or device which they target - whether CG animation, VFX, volumetric sports replays, immersive location-based entertainment, or interactive streaming… Unity can help them succeed in realizing their vision. Come join us and help empower millions of our users to do just that.
- Work with customers and internal product teams to define roadmaps and corresponding revenue-based business cases for M&E solutions, including but not limited to AR-VR-LBE entertainment, animation, asset management, cloud workflows, broadcast, virtual production tools, and visual effects
- Work with Innovation Group and lighthouse customers to document problem space, develop prototypes and use-cases, prioritizing data and market sizing to ensure feature requirements solve problems for all, and empower our widest possible number of users
- Work with leading solution integrators, technology partners and platform providers to develop the ecosystems customers depend upon to deploy at scale
- Cross-functionally work with internal Unity teams and partners to ensure that product knowledge, templates and plans transfer from R&D to internal Unity org, confirming GTM readiness to scale both Product and Service business for M&E
- Be an authority on the market and competitive landscape and keep internal teams informed on relevant changes and emergent trends
- Product Management or equivalent experience related to high fidelity 3D rendering
- Successfully developed and guided new market research and strategy, delivery of products, including a proven ability to champion product enhancements through to successful launch
- Experience with digital pipelines for film, animation and AR-VR content
- Relationships with leading producers and production houses and a deep understanding of how this ecosystem and its workflows
- Experience with one or more real-time 3D engines
- Experience with variant management and configuration
- Experience building developer tools or platforms
- Excellent business logic, product management, communication, and leadership skills.
- A collaborator that works well in team environments
- Have the ability to build a business case around a product or service
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.