Product Manager Marketing
Culver City, CA
5 days ago
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Yoga & Wellness Activities
Jam City is looking for a Product Marketing Manager to support the strategy, planning, and execution for our current and upcoming owned IP/legacy mobile game titles. The ideal candidate will have a solid consumer & brand marketing background with a deep understanding of entertainment & mobile games marketing models.
As our PMM, you will exhibit strong leadership and a true vision for how to bring marketing campaigns to life---influencing and working cross-functionally along the way. You’ll plan and manage the day-to-day execution of cohesive marketing, content, and communications strategies and coordinate ongoing marketing efforts to grow awareness and engagement of our games. You will possess creative and analytical chops, have a can-do attitude, and showcase excellent problem solving, interpersonal, and communication skills in order to drive impact across different teams. This role will report to the Director of Product Marketing and be an important part of our talented mobile marketing team!
- NEW PRODUCT: Develop and execute global go-to-market strategies for dedicated mobile game titles within Jam City’s portfolio.
- Develop audience segmentation, product positioning, key messaging, brand essence, tone, USP’s, and brand pillars.
- Create and own full go-to market plan & budget, including all tactics, execution, and reporting.
- AUDIENCE INSIGHTS: Partner with Product Development and Consumer Insights teams to conduct primary and secondary research that will help define, validate, and survey our target audience---extrapolating insights to help inform marketing and content strategies.
- PRODUCT MARKETING: Lead the cross-functional teams, serving as the connective tissue between Product Development, Legal, Data Analytics, Social Media, CRM, Creative Services, Game Services, and User Acquisition.
- Develop a deep understanding of game product features and partner with product development teams to construct content marketing campaigns that support the games in live operations.
- This includes identifying new marketing opportunities through structured analysis, market trends, competitive benchmarking, plus quantitative & qualitative feedback from our player base in order to help inform the product marketing roadmap.
- BRAND MANAGEMENT: Develop and/or evolve a brand’s position, target audience, values, brand pillars and USPs.
- Collaborate to create brand bibles that provide overall brand direction for our internal and external partners on the consumer facing expression of the brand.
- Be a brand champion and help deepen the understanding of the game’s brand values, guidelines, and expectations to ensure a consistent approach across all cross functional teams and consumer touchpoints.
- Manage internal and external creative partners---providing creative briefs, along with timely, clear, and insightful creative feedback.
- CONTENT & SOCIAL: Create and own the operations of social media-driven content marketing programs that drive player-to-fan engagement and retention.
- Manage programs end-to-end: concepting, execution, reporting, and analysis.
- Partner with internal creative teams to drive and develop best in class consumer-facing creative assets across all channels.
- LEAD & COLLAB: Create and deliver impactful marketing presentations to cross-functional teams, game leads, executive leadership, and external agency partners.
- Establish trust, credibility, and influence across multiple partners---working productively to meet shared objectives.
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial, scrappy mindset and possess a natural ability in making the complex, simple and less ambiguous.
- Lead with vision, respect, reliability, and enthusiasm.
- 3+ years of mobile marketing experience, with an emphasis on free to play games and/or consumer-facing entertainment or digital products.
- Detail-oriented and hands-on, able to demonstrate experience in end-to-end delivery of projects from concept to execution.
- Analytical and strategic skills with the ability to analyze and draw insights from game and marketing KPIs, interpret data and drive recommendations.
- Working knowledge of traditional brand frameworks including, The Marketing Mix, the marketing funnel, and the five C’s of strategic marketing.
- Proven track record of operating across multiple channels, including but not limited to: digital marketing, TV media, social media, OOH, influencer marketing, radio, SEO, ASO, email, and promotional partnerships.
- Experience managing a portfolio of digital products, setting priorities and making sound decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong creative direction and visual presentation and Powerpoint/Keynote skills.
- Self-starter, friendly-team player with a positive attitude, and ability to take and give feedback (no egos).
- A cross-functional leader with a willingness to learn from others and a genuine interest in the entertainment and mobile gaming industries.
- Innovative and creative thought-partner who will question the status quo with the intention to do right by our product and players, and help drive our games business forward.
- Sharp project management and organization skills.
- Highly proactive, communicative, and accountable.
- A thorough understanding of the ever-changing competitive landscape and mobile gaming trends.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.