Product Manager, Live Operations - 2K Mobile
2 months ago
PRODUCT MANAGER, LIVE OPERATIONS - 2K MOBILE - Novato, CA
What We Need:
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager for Live Operations who will drive engagement and monetization for our live, F2P mobile games. The ideal candidate would have experience running top-grossing F2P mobile games as a Live Ops Manager, Monetization Manager, or similar role, and is devoted to the success of the game and the team.
You will work closely with the studios implementing right engagement and monetization mechanics in our games, run in-game promotional events, contests, new content and sales to drive monthly KPI goals and collaborate with the marking team to make sure that in-game channels are working in harmony with the off-game marketing channels.
What You Will Do:
- Strategize and execute sales, promotions, events and economy tuning within our mobile games. Work with the Product Manager on title goal setting and ensure the Live Ops calendar or update cadence supports these goals
- Analyze game KPIs, player behaviors, and in-game economy – identify meaningful patterns and relationships from complex data sets, and convert them into actionable insights
- Design A/B tests, track and measure experiments around retention, user conversion, and sales to improve engagement and monetization across our titles
- Work with studios on the feature roadmap. Influence designers, developers and Product Managers in creating engaging new content and features based on live data, to create a richer Live Ops toolset
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- 3+ years of experience as a Live Ops Manager, Product Manager, Monetization Manager, or similar analytical or product-centric role on free-to-play mobile games. Worked on at least 2 Top Grossing titles in this role
- Advanced knowledge of Feature Design and Free-to-Play Economies. Able to map features, systems, and player behaviors to commercial outcomes. Can design and tune F2P economies – analyzing item drop rates, player growth/progression rates, currency sinks, etc.
- Predictive modeling capability using Excel, SQL, and business intelligence tools. Deep experience with A/B and multivariate testing
- Strong team player with excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to influence up and across the organization, especially with studios
- Self-starter who can self-prioritize tasks and remain productive with minimal supervision
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative major
- Product or store management experience a plus - specifically in pushing things live via an admin or CMS tool