This job might no longer be available.
Product Manager League Planning & Execution
8 days ago
Job Title:Product Manager League Planning & Execution
Activision Blizzard Esports (ABE) plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment, serving as the operational foundation and partnership hub for the Overwatch League (OWL) and Call of Duty League (CDL) by developing the world-class esports ecosystems for our franchises. Leagues Planning & Execution focuses on operations across both Leagues, working cross functionally to ensure smooth planning and execution.
The League Planning & Execution team is a source of innovation to guide esports forward at ABE — embracing partnership internally and externally, fostering growth in the ecosystem, and creating new approaches to face the challenges of the future. The Product Manager, League Planning & Execution drives that innovation by being part of a cross-functional team which implement processes and efficiencies for ABE’s Esports ecosystem. Reporting into the Director, League Planning & Execution, this role is responsible for tracking deliverables and timelines for both the Overwatch League and Call of Duty Leagues and is expected to act as subject matter expert for all elements of League planning and project execution. They help define the planning landscape, identify, and prioritize the risks, challenges, and opportunity spaces, and ensure that leadership is armed with the insights to drive the best decisions for the long-term health of the Leagues.
Lead Leagues Planning for LP&E by overseeing project management and product planning across both OWL and CDL. This role works on all major League events with a team of Project Managers to deliver on ensure projects remain on track and the Leagues are ready to launch. The Product Manager will develop relationships with all ABE cross functional departments to ensure all risks, timelines, and workstreams are being tracked for each League, including preseason, season launch, major tournaments, post season, and off season.
- Serve as the main POC for all day-to-day planning as it relates to the Leagues’ project management master plan. Includes creating and defining workback schedules, season readiness criteria, tracking timelines, developing risk mitigation plans, and driving decision making to ensure the Leagues are on track.
- Serve as connective tissue between internal groups with extensive knowledge in Broadcast Production, Broadcast Technology, IT, Events, Partnerships, and Marketing groups to ensure needs are met across the organization.
- Work cross-functionally with internal and external teams as the Leagues’ product subject expert as they plan, develop, and execute our products and competitions, managing communications and dependencies along the way.
- Provide recommendations to ABE Leadership, as well as OWL and CDL product teams on how to improve the Leagues by staying on top of esports and gaming trends.
- Work in conjunction with the LP&E operations team to develop efficiencies for all groups and ensure the Leagues can operate successfully and be fiscally responsible.
- Develop the season readiness plans and workback schedules for our products in conjunction with internal teams and external broadcast partners.
- Work with internal partners to share product plans, schedules, requirements, and updates needed to ensure successful creation and execution of the Leagues and alignment across the organization.
- Lead LP&E project managements focusing on mentoring talent and developing consistent project management methodology across the team to provide clear and meaningful updates to leadership.
- Manage real-time reporting across both Leagues, including analyzing key performance data, industry trends and emerging opportunities.
- A high level of independence as demonstrated through clear problem-solving skills, effective process evaluation, and delivery of high-quality work: strong organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills, Attention to detail even under pressure.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 4+ years of experience in Project Management or Product Management, with a focus on esports and strategic planning for large multi-year projects.
- Experience across the full project lifecycle (developing a plan, requirements gathering, project implementation, managing deadlines, leadership reporting)
- Outstanding communication skills, proven project management capabilities, and an innate drive to deliver results.
- Experience working with global teams in different regions and time zones including Asia, Europe, and North America.
- Proven track record of scaling businesses and driving operational efficiencies.
- A passion for mentorship and leadership.
- A passion for Esports.
- Experience working in project management tools (i.g. Jira, Confluence, MS Project, etc.)
- BS/BA and/or relevant experience