Product Manager Intern [Tom Clancy's The Division 2]
10 days ago
Massive Entertainment is looking for an Intern to the Product Managers team. As part of the studio’s Brand Team, Product Managers shape the global marketing strategy of our games.
This specific position will have a particular focus on coordinating all tasks related to Transmedia deals for the The Division franchise. Helping to ensure the cohesion of the franchise across a wide range of media (books, merchandise, cinema, etc). It will imply regular collaboration with internal and external partners such as licensees, production companies and various teams within our studio and the wider Ubisoft group.
The intern will also support communication campaigns by coordinating the creation of marketing assets and discussions with various stakeholders.
An internship at Massive will expose you to a wealth of knowledge in all parts of marketing at a AAA video game developer and provide you with a foundation for your professional development. We will provide you with a meaningful experience along with the support, tools and resources in order for you to be successful.
This is an unpaid internship based in Malmö Sweden and requires your presence on-site. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/ cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the opportunity is posted.
What you will learn
- The steps towards the definition a game’s communication strategy
- How transmedia deals help widening the scope and reach of the franchise
- Supporting the production of assets and their delivery.
- How to conduct and evaluate briefs for internal artists or creative agencies;
- Communication between internal and external teams on an international scale;
- Preparing benchmarks as well as strategic monitoring of the entertainment industry;
- How to create & deliver internal presentations
You as a person
You have a keen interest in the video games industry and enjoy exploring pop culture in design, music, movies and other modes of creative expression. The few gaps you have, you are eager to fill. You will collaborate with different people in our studio, including the production department. Having a friendly approach and play well in a diverse and interdisciplinary team is essential. To succeed in this position, you are a fast learner, a strategist, and a strong communicator. Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Eligible for internship (see below)
- You are currently studying for a Vocational, Bachelor or Master’s degree within Marketing, Communication, Business or similar education.
- Experience working in Microsoft Office, specifically PowerPoint is a must
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop and/or Premiere is a welcome plus
We accept applications from students all over the world, with the requirement that you're eligible to live and study in Sweden, are insured by your school, or privately, during the entire internship and can sustain yourself throughout the duration. We cannot take on students for a period of less than two-months, students who attend high school or are under the age of 18.
What should I have in mind when applying for an internship?
- CV – Include the focus of your education and the name your school/university, as well as when you’re graduating.
- Cover letter – State the dates for your internship (start/end), as well as your preferred area of focus during your internship.
- Credentials/grades – Include portfolio or other work samples depending on your area of expertise.
- Insurance – You need to prove that you are insured during the internship (a liability insurance as well as an accident at work insurance).
- Non Disclosure Agreement-setup – We have a strict NDA-setup, so if you are required to report to your school, you are responsible for making sure that the information shared does not compromise our NDA’s before accepting an internship with us.
Good to know
We aim to build a team that continuously pushes the boundaries of what’s possible in game development, and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us, we might ask you to complete a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, please check out the videos posted below and Internship FAQ here, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö, Sweden and part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 650 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform. All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.