This job might no longer be available.
Product Manager - Growth
12 days ago
Niantic is seeking a Product Manager for our Los Angeles studio. The ideal candidate will bring bold invention and sharp critical thinking to a team aiming to revolutionize immersive experiences in the real-world. We believe in creating unforgettable emotions and memories inside games players love to play and while pushing the boundaries of location-based, AR and live experiences on mobile. You'll help drive product strategy and be our authority on existing and emerging mechanics across the mobile business. We'll look to you for an uncanny grasp of the mobile gaming landscape, using quantitative and qualitative approaches to drive product decisions. You’ll also bring insights from other areas of entertainment into focus to inspire experimentation and lateral thinking. You'll be our specialist on monetization and the keeper of critical metrics, while always maintaining focus on player engagement as the most meaningful measure of success.
- Provide detailed product insights based on key game data to cross functional teams and company leaders to directly influence product development.
- Forecast outcomes of proposed new features on key product metrics.
- Collaborate with data scientists to create reports, dashboards, and information resources to drive better decisions.
- Conduct and share competitive research to identify industry trends.
- Analyze player behaviors and work closely with the cross-functional team to identify, design, and refine features that will improve the product’s retention, engagement, and monetization.
- Design and monitor experiments with clear and measurable goals to evaluate and optimize the performance of game features.
- Work with live ops producers and designers to create and maintain the live-ops strategy.
- Work with the live events team to help develop engaging experiences that enhance gameplay and enrich the product.
- Communicate product status, key issues, and launch plans to decision-makers across the organization.
- 5+ years of experience managing or analyzing top-grossing, free-to-play mobile games.
- You have a degree in Economics, Mathematics, or equivalent; graduate degree preferred.
- Very comfortable managing important metrics through analytics for live, long term engagement games.
- You have experience working with diverse teams.
- You have familiarity with running complex projects and working as a horizontal leader to gain consensus with many partners.
- You have proven experience understanding user needs and co-designing solutions with creative development teams.
- You have quantitative problem-solving skills.
- You have exceptional organization, communication, and management skills.
- You have an interest in or excitement about AR, mobile games and immersive entertainment.
- You play one or more Niantic games.
- You have experience with immersive experiences, live entertainment or online events.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.