Product Manager, Growth
7 days ago
Age of Learning is a leading education technology innovator based in Glendale, California, with a talented team of more than 600 individuals comprised of nationally-renowned educators, curriculum experts, developers, artists, writers, designers, engineers, producers, product managers, analysts and marketing experts! Together we develop engaging, effective digital learning technology and content to help children build a strong academic foundation for lifelong success.
Our flagship product ABCmouse.com
Early Learning Academy ® is a comprehensive online curriculum and the #1 digital learning product for young children. To-date, more than 30 million children worldwide have completed over 8 billion Learning Activities on ABCmouse. We recently launched Adventure Academy, the first massively multiplayer online (MMO) game designed specifically to help elementary- and middle-school-aged children learn. It features thousands of engaging Learning Activities—including minigames, books, original animated and live action series, and more—in a fun and safe virtual world. Other Age of Learning programs include immersive English language learning products for children in China and Japan; ReadingIQ, a digital library and literacy platform; and a groundbreaking personalized, adaptive digital learning system that individualizes math instruction for every child through AI-driven technology.
We are committed to helping all children succeed. We provide our educational programs at no cost to teachers, Head Start programs, public libraries, and other community organizations, and have served millions of children through these initiatives. We recently established the Age of Learning Foundation to expand this work globally.
As we expand our global reach and increase the educational impact of our programs, we’re looking for passionate, ambitious, and collaborative leaders to become a part of our growing team.
This Product Manager will work with a product team of experienced developers, designers, and educators to create innovative digital learning solutions for our ABCmouse families.
You will be leading, setting direction, and iterating on a new storefront user experience for hundreds of thousands of families on trial or paid subscriptions, creating user-friendly experiences, and developing a compelling case for families to upgrade to premium content, goods, and services in the Age of Learning suite of products. You will monitor product performance and key metrics to help make decisions on priority, business value, and functionality for work done in an agile development environment on a combined mobile and desktop team.
The scope for this role is large, and the ideal candidate will have expertise in product development, monetization, and gaming, with educational experience being a plus.
- Be a part of the Product team defining the long-term vision and prioritization of the ABCmouse development roadmap, specifically on a new parent-facing storefront product
- Set feature development from concept to launch, from post-launch analysis to ongoing optimization, to deliver best in class experience that achieves KPI goals
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to define and support the business strategy based on a deep understanding of design, engagement, and monetization mechanics
- Work with ABCmouse leadership to hit aggressive targets to optimize the lifetime value
- Proactive monitoring and optimization of the product against key learning, engagement, and retention KPIs
- Collaborate extensively with feature planning and optimization: define a testing protocol, set up and execute multivariate tests, establish benchmarks internally and externally, measure performance, and provide actionable recommendations
- Conduct quantitative analyses of data to provide key insights into product performance and uncover opportunities for further engagement and monetization
- Review and manage analysis of the competitive marketplace, user experience, user research and feedback, and product data to help define product strategy
- Lead a development pod (including client engineers, backend engineers, and scrum master) to deliver best in class storefront features that achieve KPI goals
- Identify and execute improvements in functionality, content, and design to increase product adoption, engagement, and monetization
- Work with Designers to wireframe and spec features, optimize mechanics within new parent storefront
- 3+ years of experience as a product manager, with direct responsibility for product growth, engagement, and retention KPIs, with in-app monetization responsibilities a plus
- Successful history of developing and shipping high-quality products
- Deep understanding of data-driven analysis, design and iteration, and live service operations
- Strong business capabilities - experience designing and tuning customer experience through structured, hypothesis-driven product improvements
- Strong experience in A/B and multivariate testing and quantitative analysis, including the ability to model experience parameters using Excel, SQL, and business intelligence tools a plus
- Proven ability to partner with cross-functional disciplines, preferably in an agile environment
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills
- Passion for creating innovative, fun, and compelling learning experiences
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
Age of Learning currently provides:
• 90% - 100% of health and welfare benefit premiums
• A 401(k) program with employer match
• 15 paid vacation days plus 11 observed national paid holidays
• Team bonding events and a highly collaborative environment
• Commitment to Equal Opportunity Employment in addition to an inclusive and supportive company culture
• Access to our internal DEI Task Force that focuses on ensuring our products represent all children on a global scale
• Opportunities for professional growth through professional learning and development programs
• A temporary 100% remote work environment, due to COVID restrictions, to help ensure the safety of our employees
• Monthly internet stipend provided due to temporary remote work environment