Product Manager - Games Publishing
15 days ago
Carry1st is the leading publisher of mobile games in Africa. We work with studios across the globe to level up their games and scale in dynamic, frontier markets. In addition, Carry1st has built a proprietary payments engine, Pay1st, and e-commerce platform, the Carry1st Shop, which allows customers to pay for digital content leveraging local payment methods.
As Product Manager, Games Publishing, you’ll drive development, scale challenges, and deliver fun, constantly improving player experiences. You will help to execute the product vision and specifications to drive revenue, using data to inform your decisions.
We are looking for a mix of leadership and product management, as making your ideas reality requires you to be able to articulate strategic thinking and partner with teammates across different verticals.
What will you do?
- Develop and execute strategies to keep players engaged, excited, and coming back to the game regularly.
- Coordinate the creation and implementation of Liveops Events, in-game content, updates, features, and improvements to maintain a dynamic and evolving player experience.
- Propose monetization strategies to implement and optimize in-game purchases, webstore items, localized pricing and other revenue-generating elements while ensuring a positive player experience.
- Analyze data and translate findings into actionable next steps or new features and events
- Develop and apply a hypothesis based analytical approach, conduct experiments and communicate learnings to the team
- Make tradeoffs between scope, delivery dates, and business goals
- Work closely with customer support teams to address player issues, resolve technical problems, and ensure a high level of player satisfaction
What makes you a great candidate?
- 3+ years of experience in F2P Games, preferably in Liveops product oriented roles
- Experienced in operation of live games and data-driven environments
- Able to create & design experiences that shape positive player behaviors
- Strong quantitative analysis skills and a history of supporting data informed decisions
- Structured problem solver and expert at prioritization
- Able to combine creative thinking with data-driven decisions
- Passion for games, mobile games in particular
- Extensive knowledge of the mobile market
Carry1st is a fast-growing, dynamic place to work. And while we are laser focused on building the flagship mobile internet company in Africa, our team is fully remote and 100% global - with people in 25+ countries!
At Carry1st, you will…
- Build awesome, industry-changing products, every day
- Grow with a VC-backed startup at the intersection of gaming, fintech, and web3
- Work from anywhere in the world with international teammates
- Own shares in the Company - enabling you to benefit from the value you create
Some additional perks…
- Co-working excursions: Travel to meet your colleagues in cities around the world
- Awesome equipment: Get everything you need to work effectively
- Remote working allowance: Put an additional $600 / year to optimise your WFH experience
- Learning and development: Attend courses, conferences and training events
- Social events: Participate in regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
- Birthday leave: Enjoy a paid day off on your special day
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Join us!
Learn more about Carry1st…
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Andreessen Horowitz shared why they invested in Carry1st
- VentureBeat announced that Carry1st has raised $27 million to develop and publish mobile games in Africa
- Remerge hosted Cordel on a podcast to discuss Carry1st and the African gaming market