Product Manager, Game Publishing
21 days ago
🔥 Forbes’ Top 30 Companies for Remote Jobs in 2023 🔥
🌏 Work From Anywhere 🌏
Who We Are | What We Do
Yodo1 simplifies mobile game growth.
With over 1.5 billion downloads across our portfolio, Yodo1 is a partner for mobile game growth at every stage—from helping developers monetize their first game to bringing iconic brands into major mobile titles.
Taking over a decade of experience publishing and growing games like Crossy Road, Rodeo Stampede, and Ski Safari into global hits, we provide products and services that range from helping new arrivals to the app store optimize ad revenue, driving a 50x increase in users for games like Animal Revolt Battle Simulator, and bringing iconic IP from companies like Hasbro, Paramount, Legendary, and MGA to studios like Rivergame, 37Games, and more.
We love games, we play games, we grow games.
What We Believe | How We Work
We believe in the future and power of the mobile gaming industry and that everyone deserves an equal opportunity to build a life they love through games.
We believe you know when and where you do your best work. We are fully remote by design and we WFA: Work From Anywhere. We don’t impose hours or limit time off.
We are driven by performance and we experiment often. We care about impact, not titles.
Who We’re Looking For
We are hiring a Product Manager to manage end-to-end high-quality game projects and ensure their financial success.
- Focused on impact. You understand the 80/20 rule and focus on activities that matter.
- Performance-driven and growth-oriented. You have an intrinsic will to succeed while unafraid to try, fail, and learn by experimenting with new approaches and testing ideas.
- Cooperative. You help others succeed; you give and receive feedback well.
- Relentlessly curious. You ask questions.
- Humble. You ask for help; you are quick to admit and learn from your mistakes.
- SMART. You work and communicate in ways that are specific, measurable, actionable, relevant, and time-bound.
What We Expect
- Be the final person responsible for delivering a high-quality game, including setting objectives, creating product roadmaps, prioritizing tasks, and coordinating with various stakeholders.
- Drive revenue and profitability objectives for the game.
- Directly manage and develop one to two product specialists.
- Lead a cross-functional project team, including engineers, artists, QA, marketing, customer service, and business development, to attain project goals.
- Foster collaborations with external partners such as studios and advertising networks.
- Collaborate with other product managers in assessing new business opportunities.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in mobile game production or publishing, or a related gaming industry role, with a track record of successful titles.
- Strong business mindset and the ability to make decisions based on sound data analysis and careful prioritization.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and proactively with colleagues across multiple countries and time zones.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Result orientation.
- Scalable thinking: Yodo1 is growing fast; those who can think big advance quickly.
You might have:
- Experience with the Chinese domestic game ecosystem.
- Fluency in Mandarin.
- Managed at least one title through the full circle.
- Availability for at least 4 hours between 10 AM and 7 PM Beijing Time (GMT+8).
- Experience in team leadership.
What We Offer
Compensation. We pay based on qualifications, experience, and fit for the role. We provide an allowance to purchase your own device or equipment and offer variable compensation through our annual bonus program.
Growth. We offer an environment where you will have the trust and freedom to try, fail, learn fast, and make a real impact while accelerating your career, and where anyone with a great idea can pitch it directly to our management team.
WFA. Work from anywhere in the world, travel when and where you like, get paid in your currency of choice, and enjoy flexible hours and unlimited paid time off.
Community. Work with an energetic, fast-learning, supportive, and diverse team of Yodies across six continents and 30+ countries who share and support new ideas and get things done.
Apply now to change the game for game developers!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.