Discord is your place to talk. Whether you're part of a school club, gaming group, worldwide art community, or just a handful of friends that want to spend time together, millions of people use Discord every day to create connections, hang out, and talk.
Discord is a rapidly scaling company that puts Data at the heart of its decision-making and future growth. The Experimentation team at Discord is responsible for building the tools and processes that empower Discord employees to test hypotheses and improve our product in a data-informed way.
We're looking for a Product Manager to join and lead our Experimentation team. You will create a vision and strategy, and building creative solutions to help all employees at Discord make more data-informed decisions.
- Guide the product philosophy, vision, and roadmap of Experimentation products and processes to infuse us with data-informed decision-making.
- Work with a team of engineers, designers, and data scientists to build a delightful and well engineered internal platform.
- Understand the needs of product managers, engineers, and data scientists from across the company to shape how experimentation can better ensure their success.
- Advise leadership and product teams across the company on results from ongoing and planned experiments and infuse the company with data informed decision making.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments, excited about finding solutions to complex problems, and then building on them.
- Experience with using Data to build great products.
- 4+ years experience building and shipping great software as a PM, including responsibilities driving prioritization, trade-offs, and timelines.
- 2+ years of experience focused on building self-serve B2B/B2C tools or marketplaces.
- Proven track record of shipping products from design to deployment.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency and effectiveness working with engineers.
- Strong product sense and pride in understanding Discord and our users.
- Familiarity with A/B testing principles.
- Experience with an experimentation platform
- A love for empowering others and working with a very technical team.
- Proficient in modern BI tooling (Chartio, Looker, Tableau, etc.), with an eye towards clear, rich visualizations and performance.
- Passion for Discord!
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $190,000 to $204,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity, or benefits.
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!