Product Manager, Data
9 days ago
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for an exploding mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with democratized access to fun, fair and skill-based competition for real prizes , shifting the paradigm to make eSports accessible to anyone, anywhere with a mobile device.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 13,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host over 800 million tournaments for 18 million players worldwide.
This year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time ). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies . In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America .
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
Who we’re looking for:
Our product development team sets the vision for the Skillz player experience. Data is at the heart of Skillz and responsible for driving player insights, matchmaking, fairness, fraud, and game telemetry. Product Manager for Data will drive the product strategy, product requirements, and go to market strategy for some well-defined data initiatives. You will drive continued development of our game telemetry measurement, fraud management, matchmaking, and general intelligence gathering to drive real operational impact and provide critical insights into new products and features.
What you'll do:
- Lead a team of data engineers and data scientists to develop world class machine learning models that impact the business by improving fraud, matchmaking, monetization and developer success
- Surface key metrics and information to developer partners to drive meaningful impact to their businesses
- Create a way to best display our portfolio of games and offerings to our users
- Create supporting business cases, including financial impact and benefits statements, to support feature/functionality concepts and sell the concepts to internal audiences through persuasive oral and written presentations.
- Track to defined metrics to measure success of program features, analyze results, and partner across the organization to develop action plans and enhancement recommendations.
- Develop business cases, oversee the development of solutions and advocate concepts with internal business leaders.
- Maintain processes to ensure project management documentation, reports and plans are relevant, accurate and complete
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 3+ years of proven Product Management experience building analytical tools or data products
- Experience working with SQL, business intelligence tools, and building data infrastructure
- Understanding of the technical architecture of data pipelines, warehousing and data management systems
- Domain expertise in payments, fraud, game telemetry, and matchmaking a huge plus
- Knowledge of multiple analytics packages and data techniques preferred
- Skilled at guiding the product development process: ideation, wireframing, design, implementation, quality assurance, etc.
- Experienced with designing schedules/time tables and driving to on-spec and on-time completion
- Comfortable liaising between technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Able to collate idea streams from across all stakeholders to drive future product roadmap
- Computer Science degree or Technical background required