Product Manager, Data
San Francisco, CA, United States
19 days ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
Skillz is pioneering the competitive mobile gaming experience, leveraging its patented technology to power over two billion esports tournaments a year. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports leagues and franchises.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross , Susan G. Komen , American Cancer Society , and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies , a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50 , one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups , and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
Who we’re looking for:
Our product development team sets the vision for the Skillz player experience. Data is at the heart of Skillz and responsible for driving player insights, matchmaking, fairness, fraud, and game telemetry. Product Manager for Data will drive the product strategy, product requirements, and go to market strategy for some well-defined data initiatives. You will drive continued development of our game telemetry measurement, fraud management, matchmaking, and general intelligence gathering to drive real operational impact and provide critical insights into new products and features.
What you'll do:
- Lead a team of data engineers and data scientists to develop world class machine learning models that impact the business by improving fraud, matchmaking, monetization and developer success
- Surface key metrics and information to developer partners to drive meaningful impact to their businesses
- Create a way to best display our portfolio of games and offerings to our users
- Create supporting business cases, including financial impact and benefits statements, to support feature/functionality concepts and sell the concepts to internal audiences through persuasive oral and written presentations.
- Track to defined metrics to measure success of program features, analyze results, and partner across the organization to develop action plans and enhancement recommendations.
- Develop business cases, oversee the development of solutions and advocate concepts with internal business leaders.
- Maintain processes to ensure project management documentation, reports and plans are relevant, accurate and complete
- 3+ years of proven Product Management experience building analytical tools or data products
- Experience working with SQL, business intelligence tools, and building data infrastructure
- Understanding of the technical architecture of data pipelines, warehousing and data management systems
- Domain expertise in payments, fraud, game telemetry, and matchmaking a huge plus
- Knowledge of multiple analytics packages and data techniques preferred
- Skilled at guiding the product development process: ideation, wireframing, design, implementation, quality assurance, etc.
- Experienced with designing schedules/time tables and driving to on-spec and on-time completion
- Comfortable liaising between technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Able to collate idea streams from across all stakeholders to drive future product roadmap
- Computer Science degree or Technical background required
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.