This job might no longer be available.
This position is a 6- month fixed term contract to cover parental leave.
At King we handle a lot of data. We collect, process, and analyse player data for more than 350M players every month.
We are looking for an experienced product manager to lead our efforts in building the next generation of real time and data streaming products. These products will be used by teams across King to monitor our game, marketing and advertising platforms, ensuring that we deliver fun and personalised experiences for all our players.
You will be part of the Telemetry & Streaming domain and work closely with a strong engineering team to design and deliver market leading capabilities on our Google Cloud Platform (GCP) based infrastructure.
The Telemetry and Streaming domain belong to part of the Kingdom we call Shared Tech. The teams within Shared Tech work as B2B organizations working across all the technology that we use to power our live games, including data infrastructure, machine learning, payments infrastructure and the game engines themselves. The vision within Shared Tech is “We are the stage where King games love to perform”.
Your role within the Kingdom
- Follow up and support the delivery of the Data Product Strategy.
- Identify and prioritize opportunities of investment.
- Collaborate with our engineering teams to discover the best solution for the identified opportunities and plan how to build them.
- Take ownership of clarifying problem statements that are worth addressing for the engineering team, ensuring they understand the rationale, impact, and priority of each issue.
- Maintain open and effective communication with users and other relevant business and technology units to effectively capture their requests and feedback.
- Serve as a representative of the team and be able to show and tell deliverables and impact.
- Drive initiatives that improve ways of working of the Telemetry & Streaming teams, enabling the team to look for efficiencies and evolve the way they operate.
- Collaborate with PMs on evolving the T&S Product Strategy.
Skills to create thrills
- Demonstrated experience in Product Management, showcasing a track record of successfully delivering and managing products.
- Proven experience in a mobile- first business and/or expertise in real- time or data streaming platforms.
- Independently execute product management responsibilities with minimal guidance, demonstrating self- reliance and proactive problem- solving.
- Experience with Agile principles and context to help teams create and evolve effective new practices.
- Strong facilitation skills with the ability to work across diverse perspectives and goals to create shared understanding and action.
- Sound understanding of KPI- based business performance tracking methods to drive data- informed decision- making.
- A background in software development will be considered a beneficial asset, providing a deeper understanding of the technical aspects of product development.
Customers and Stakeholders
- Game Studios
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com