Frostbite: Product Manager - Core Engine
Stockholm Stockholms lan SE 104 60 Sweden
5 months ago
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing leading-edge engine features and world-class tools. Our talented team from across the globe is dedicated to building innovative technology and working closely with each other to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of the most stunning games in the industry along with deep player experiences, such as FIFA, Battlefield, Star Wars Battlefront, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Need for Speed and Plant vs. Zombies Garden Warfare. Thousands of game developers all over the world are using Frostbite to create some of the best-looking games in the industry!
Core Engine - Objects, Scene & Networking
The core engine team at Frostbite manages fundamental technology powering the interactive worlds of titles from DICE, EA Sports, Criterion and BioWare worldwide studios. Hundreds of content creators use the tools every day to build worlds and improve gameplay designs while game team engineers customize and contribute back, to meet the requirements of EAs wide portfolio of single and multiplayer games.
We are now looking for a Product Manager - Objects, Scene & Networking to join the Frostbite team!
As the product manager, it is your job to ensure that the Objects, Scene & Networking development team has a vision and road-map that meet game team requirements and defines the future of gameplay design.
- Define and own the product vision and road-map specifically for the Object, Scene, and Networking area of the engine. Participate in setting the overall Frostbite vision and road-map at a global scale.
- Work with customers to understand their workflows and requirements and represent them towards the development team.
- Perform competitive analysis against current industry engines.
- Build a backlog of dev team and customer requirements.
- Develop relationships with customer communities, game team partners and external partners (outward).
- As a member of the leadership team, you will work with Program Managers, Technical Directors, and Team Directors to ensure timely and sustainable delivery of our product that meets global business and quality goals (inward).
- Provide direction and motivation and be a champion for the dev team.
- Be an ambassador for the Frostbite engine.
- 5+ years of experience with core parts of game engines or experience as a product manager from the tech industry.
- Experience setting product goals and requirements for a large development team.
- Understand the importance of user experience and how to deliver user value.
- Experience using Agile methodologies.
- Bonus points if you have experience shipping AAA games with other Game Engines.
- Bonus points if you have experience shipping AAA games as a technical director or senior engineer or with another game engine or experience with scalable Agile development (SAFe).
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU? GLAD YOU ASKED!
At Frostbite we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a great compensation package, we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, wellness benefits like a massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees with an occupational pension.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know: