Product Manager - Contractor
13 days ago
Asia Studios Partnered Development Group is working to bring new and exciting mobile free-to-play games to the market – partnering with world-class studios around Asia, co-developing new games with a small internal leadership team, and operating these games globally as a service. We are seeking a product manager to join one of our game teams, partnering with a well-known mobile game developer in Japan. We need people who have a solid background in successfully breaking down complex problems and problem spaces using various business or product frameworks, as well as crafting optimal solutions for our players and our business.
• Complete regular Competitor and Category/Genre Analysis to stay informed of all significant developments in relevant game segments. Communicate these insights in PPT-based research reports and teardowns.
• Build business cases for new initiatives based on competitive and industry research: i.e. identify opportunities, quantitatively analyze related metrics, and effectively communicate them to the team
• Shadow and assist internal PM or external design team to produce best in class feature designs that reflect current and future player needs, leveraging best practice from the industry insights.
• Ensure new game features have necessary telemetry implementation to effectively measure performance against KPI goals
• Identify opportunities for optimizations that will deepen player engagement and increase KPI’s for a global gaming brand
• Fluent business English and Mandarin required. Japanese also preferred.
• Openminded individual with a passion for games and/or digital consumer products
• Experience in analytics, economic analysis, and/or another quantitative discipline. Previous finance/consulting internship experience is a plus.
• Highly analytical with sound business judgement, and inherent curiosity
• Ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear and concise manner
• Excel/Economy Modeling, Data Visualization and PPT Presentation skills
• Working toward a degree in Business / Economics / Engineering at a top university