Product Manager - Augmented Reality
3 months ago
Are you ready to help define a whole new way of exploring and interacting with the world through Augmented Reality? We’re looking for a Product Manager to shape and deliver on our vision that AR will make the world more accessible, engaging, and entertaining for everyone. You will steer development of groundbreaking technology and creative products, drive cross-functional teams to delight our users, and make the world a bit better by motivating users to go out and explore the world!
- Shape and drive alignment around Niantic’s AR product strategy and roadmap.
- Capture product requirements, prioritize requests, establish goals, and drive the feature development process.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform fast iteration and ultimately the success of AR experiences and the overall platform.
- Work as a horizontal leader to foster collaboration between engineering, design, marketing, legal, and business development teams.
- Communicate product status, key issues, and launch plans to key constituents across the organization, including the executive team.
- Empathize with our players and developers to identify areas to improve their experience.
- Stay current with the AR technology stack and research in computer vision, deep learning, distributed systems, networking, graphics, 3D mapping, and game engines.
- 5+ years product management experience with 2+ years experience in AR, VR or computer vision.
- BA/BS in computer science, engineering, business administration or equivalent experience.
- Passionate about user experience; able to inspire designers and engineers with customer-centric use cases.
- Proven track record of using quantitative problem-solving skills to break down large problems into smaller solvable chunks.
- Strong collaboration skills and relationship management to effectively work across emerging technology areas and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to achieve results-oriented goals in a fast-paced, ambiguous, and constantly evolving environment, demonstrating excellent business judgment.
- Experience managing a developer product (SDK).
- Familiar with the mobile gaming industry.
- Experience with spatial computing or real-time 3D map solutions (AR Cloud).
- Experience prototyping or programming AR applications.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.