Product Manager - Art and Rendering
Stockholm Stockholms lan SE 104 60 Sweden
7 days ago
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing leading-edge engine features and world-class tools. Our talented team from across the globe is dedicated to building innovative technology and working closely with each other to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of the most stunning games in the industry along with deep player experiences, such as FIFA, Battlefield, Star Wars Battlefront, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Need for Speed and Plant vs. Zombies Garden Warfare. Thousands of game developers all over the world are using Frostbite to create some of the best-looking games in the industry!
Art & Rendering
The Art & Rendering team at Frostbite is responsible for the technology behind the visuals of titles from DICE, EA Sports, Criterion and BioWare worldwide studios, often regarded as leading the entire industry. Thousands of content creators use the tools every day and game engineers customize and contribute to the runtime, all to meet the bleeding edge requirements from art directors.
We are now looking for a Product Manager - Art & Rendering to join the Frostbite team!
As the product manager, it is your job to ensure that the Art & Rendering development team has a vision and roadmap that meet game team requirements and defines the future of game visuals.
- Define and own the product vision and roadmap specifically for the Art & Rendering area of the engine. Participate in setting the overall Frostbite vision and roadmap at a global scale.
- Work with customers to understand their workflows and requirements, and represent them towards the development team.
- Perform competitive analysis against current industry engines.
- Build and maintain a backlog of dev team and customer requirements.
- Actively build and maintain relationships with customer communities, game team stakeholders and external partners (outward).
- As a member of the general leadership team, you will work with Program Managers, Technical Directors, and Team Directors to ensure timely and sustainable delivery of our product that meets global business and quality goals (inward).
- Provide direction and motivation and be a champion for the dev team.
- Be an ambassador for the Frostbite engine.
- Deep experience with real-time rendering or 3d art production.
- Experience with setting product goals and requirements for a large development team.
- Understands the importance of user experience and how to deliver user value.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to juggle priorities and projects to get things done.
- Strong business understanding to assess potential ROI and make the right decisions.
- Experience using Agile methodologies.
- Bonus points if you have experience shipping AAA games as a technical art director or similar content lead or with another game engine or experience with scalable Agile development (SAFe).
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU? GLAD YOU ASKED!
At Frostbite we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, wellness benefits like a massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees with an occupational pension. Although we enjoy working hard at Frostbite, we respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know: