Product Manager (Aarki)
11 days ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross , Susan G. Komen , American Cancer Society , and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators , San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work , Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance , Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies , a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50 , one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups , and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
Aarki is redefining programmatic mobile app marketing, helping mobile app developers acquire and re-engage users and drive growth of some of the best known mobile games in the world. Using our proprietary creative platform, real time bidding technology, and machine learning we have become the media buying platforms of choice for the world’s top mobile app developers.
We have recently been acquired by Skillz.
About the role:
We are looking for a product manager to lead Studio, our ad creative platform, and ad serving. Studio is used to create ads seen by millions of users around the world. Videos, playables, rich interactive ads that are personalized to users in real time can all be made in minutes using Aarki’s Studio. Our ad server is closely tied to our bidder, picking the right creative for each ad opportunity in milliseconds.
We are looking for a visionary product manager that will take Studio to the next level, identifying new creative capabilities that engage and convert mobile users around the world for Skillz apps and Aarki’s roster of top mobile app customers. In this role:
- Own the roadmap, manage prioritisation, and execute through the delivery of products.
- You will be working closely with creative teams, and partnering with product design and engineering, to identify the tools and features that simplify complex creative builds, freeing creative teams to focus on creative strategy over production.
- You will also partner with analytics and ML teams to optimize our creative delivery and identify new creative opportunities.
- You will keep an eye on the market, looking for new creative technology to make Aarki ads stand out from the crowd
- You have experience in product management of technical products. You will be partnering closely with engineers to deliver products at scale.
- You can easily explain technical matters to non-technical end users of the Aarki platform. You will be working with platform users to improve our studio tools and address any product capability gaps, providing feedback to and prioritization to engineering teams. You will evangelize new creative capabilities internally and externally.
- You like to flex your analytical talents and love setting up experiments. In this role you will be partnering with our creative team, data science, and analysts to identify, build, and validate the creative capabilities to drive performance.
- You can have detailed discussions about technical and business considerations to evaluate tradeoffs and prioritization of projects with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Bias for action, able to drive impact while balancing both short and long term priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 4+ years of product management experience
Nice to have, but not required
- Experience running experiments a/b, multivariate tests
- Previous Ad Tech or Mar Tech experience is nice to have not required.
- Experience working with creative products, or an understanding of media encoding
You must have the right to work in the UK for this role
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.