Product Management MBA Intern
9 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This internship is for Summer 2023
Product Management MBA Intern
San Diego, CA or Remote
The Game Experiences team is responsible for all of the experiences our players interact with on all of our devices: Console, PC, Mobile and Cloud. Features such as game sessions and matchmaking, trophies, game help and other gameplay activities are all under our area of ownership. Our goals are to increase the time and enjoyment of gameplay for both our players and creators.
This position reports to a Director on the Product Management team for PlayStation Gaming Experiences. You will help us create the vision and roadmaps of how gaming across devices starts to merge around live gaming services and the metaverse.
- Detailed analysis of gaming trends and future needs across different playing devices to help formulate strategies on how platform features are delivered across those experiences
- Develop alternative approaches/strategies, along with the other leaders of the Product Management teams on how these devices could interact with one or more 3rd party metaverses, or our own
- Work across different business functions to work through how these strategies might benefit overall SIE game play, revenue generation and user satisfaction
- 1st Year MBA student, projected to graduate by Spring 2024
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university, pursuing an MBA degree
- A passion for discovering and solving product problems.
- Understanding of the agile software development process
- Analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to support and coordinate between different organizations
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; you will be interacting with a variety of people (user experience designers, engineers, managers, etc.)
- Willingness to take on difficult challenges to solve novel problems
- Knowledge of the video game and interactive entertainment business is helpful, but not required
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.