Product Management Lead, International
17 days ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
What We’re Looking For:
Powering Esports for Everyone, is the core vision of Skillz. 75% of the mobile gaming market is outside the US and is growing fast. We plan to bring ‘Global Play’ to the world. We are seeking a seasoned Product Management leader who will own and drive our international expansion.
In this role, you will define the roadmap, unblock the hurdles in taking Skillz to the new markets and impact hundreds of millions of players globally in the process.
The right candidate will know how to build a way forward for venturing into new markets. They will craft the strategy and vision, represent the voice of the global players, enable prioritization, and build and launch the product. They will negotiate challenges with many unknown and develop a mitigation strategy.
What You Will Do :
- Own the way forward for international expansion.
- Have an understanding of opportunities and challenges of doing business in countries outside of North America.
- Discover, analyze and recommend solutions as per local trends, competition, laws, and governance for each new market.
- Create and present PRDs / roadmaps to senior leadership.
- Collaborate with our Payments team to build the best localized payment solutions for international destinations.
- Work alongside teammates who care about building great products as much as you do.
- Be a one-stop consultant for cross-functional teams consisting of (but not limited to) Engineering, Design, PMO, Business, Legal, Finance and so on.
- 4-8 years of experience in product management, product development, business consulting, or a similar field.
- Degree in math, statistics, engineering, computer science, or other quantitative field.
- Deep understanding of ecommerce on a global scale.
- Knowledge of payments systems and implementation.
- Have traveled and spent considerable time outside of the US.
- Strong communication skill and an ability to liasioning between technical and non-technical partners.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to respond to feedback and implement ideas in a changing environment.
- Put the team before self.
- Build and lead a team of Product Managers for International Rollout
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .