Product Legal Counsel
26 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
Join a dynamic legal team working on a variety of legal issues across the entire company. You will be an important legal advisor to Twitch's teams on all phases of the product development life cycle. Tackle topics such as privacy and security as well as brand safety, advertising and policy programs that arise out of the operation and growth of a global User Generated Content (UGC) service. You'll use business sense to assist product, engineering, business development, marketing, and other teams to develop thoughtful strategies towards product development while assessing and mitigating legal risk. You will report to our Assistant General Counsel.
- Advise on the application of a range of laws and regulations, with a focus on privacy, advertising / ad technology, trust & safety, and data security.
- Review products, features, and initiatives to provide advice consistent with Twitch's legal obligations globally.
- Support product and advertising growth while balancing user and policy considerations.
- Manage and develop strategies for potential disputes, litigation, enforcement, and regulatory matters.
- Partner with and provide advice to cross-functional stakeholders, including Product, Engineering, Privacy, Security, Policy and Trust & Safety.
- Collaborate with legal team members to improve processes, provide training, and ensure business needs are met.
- J.D. Degree
- California Bar admission in good standing (or California Registered In-House Counsel)
- 5+ of years of relevant legal experience working on technology-related issues, with 1+ year of in-house experience ideally
- An interest to learn new areas of law or technology to identify legal issues and propose creative solutions for meeting goals while minimizing legal risk
- Experience advising clients in the video, mobile, gaming, e-commerce, online marketplaces, user generated content, or internet services sectors
- Substantial experience with US and international laws regarding content policies, privacy/data protection, intellectual property, marketing, or consumer protection
- High level of comfort with technology and internet services
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages , etc. ),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.