Product Lead for VALORANT/Wild Rift Esports, Japan
20 days ago
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Product Lead for VALORANT/Wild Rift Esports, JAPAN, you will guide the efforts of building a thriving competitive ecosystem for VALORANT and Wild Rift in Japan.
Your strategic vision, entrepreneurialism, product and external partnership management, event promotional skills, operational excellence and passion for esports will help you to establish new standards in professional esports for our new games. To create holistic, outstanding experiences for players, fans and esports organizations, you will partner with different stakeholders internally and externally.
Based in Tokyo, you’ll join a tight knit group of exceptionally bright minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming.
- Design, oversee, lead and manage esports projects for VALORANT and Wild Rift Esports in Japan.
- Build the strategy that enables us to achieve new esports experiences that resonate with local players.
- Work with internal Riot stakeholders towards a shared vision and roadmap for VALORANT and Wild Rift esports.
- Build and maintain the strategic external partnership for esports operation.
- Manage tournaments and general esports programs.
- Maintain relationship with esports and entertainment industry, gain deep understanding of market trends and convert to esports experiences
- Experience working in multiple marketing mediums (video content, website development, live events)
- Experience in events or consumer product marketing
- Extensive experience in product management
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience setting a clear strategic vision and translate that vision into a cohesive portfolio of initiatives
- Experience negotiating deals with events organizers and production companies
- Strong knowledge of Japanese esports industry is a plus.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, relationship building, consulting, teamwork and leadership experience
- Ability to regularly context shift in a heavily matrixed environment
- Strong problem solving skills, critical thinking, and analysis
- Ability to work in and manage ambiguity - dealing with issues that do not always have a process or a system
- 7+ years of job experience
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.