10 days ago
Gamers spent more than $100 billion on in-game items last year. However, $0 of that went to other players - it mostly went directly to huge free-to-play game studios. At Immutable, we're all about ownership: using blockchain technology to provide gamers with real and "immutable" ownership, rather than licensing agreements, over the items they've worked so hard to acquire.
Powering the world's most popular blockchain games, Immutable builds marketplaces and infrastructure so that game developers can provide better value to their users and introduce free-market economies inside their games. A critical part of that ecosystem is our upcoming launch of Immutable X, our cross game item marketplace and exchange functionality.
It will offer fast, reliable trades with minimal transaction fees and will support both first- and third-party assets that function within the Immutable ecosystem. Immutable X is non-custodial, meaning users will have complete control over their assets at all times and won't have to place their trust in any central entity to hold and manage their assets for them.
We need a Product Lead to accompany the launch of Immutable X and help us develop future platform products to make gaming easier.
A bit about the role
You will own all areas of product management for the Immutable Platform and Immutable X. This role has tremendous growth potential, as we expand the marketplace and the games and users on it.
As a Product Lead, you will act as the glue between our most technical teams, external users and developers, and our internal stakeholders. You will need to understand the varied user needs for all participants in this exciting and evolving space, and you will own the roadmap for future development of this key infrastructure used by internal and external partners.
Your mission is to grow a product team that learns faster than any other. As a result we will build products that users love and result in business success. You will develop systems, frameworks and processes and coach other product managers to help us achieve this goal. You will also be an advocate for this goal across the organisation - working with design and engineering teams in order for us to learn faster.
Here’s how you’ll contribute
- Own product development from concept to launch
- Develop, create and prioritise the roadmap for our platform team
- Manage a team including 1:1s, performance reviews, KPIs, training and feedback
- Act as Product Owner in our Agile Scrum process
- Continuously improve product processes and systems
- Weigh up difficult tradeoffs involving user, security and engineering requirements
- Create clear and comprehensive user stories for the team
- Research the blockchain, defi and exchange spaces to develop an understanding of what is possible in this space
- Analyse traditional item marketplaces in order to understand what mainstream users want and expect
- Communicate with users to understand their needs and desires
- Work closely with our data analytics team and dashboards in order to constantly improve the product
- Collaborate with Senior Leadership, stakeholders, designers and engineers
A bit about you
- 2+ years management experience
- 7+ years of experience working with in product management ideally within a breadth of products and types of product work
- Held a position of significant responsibility within a business (e.g. lead a large team, responsible for $1+M rev feature)
- Can create and execute a winning product strategy
- Highly motivated helping find to continue to ship frequently even for complex, high-dependency projects
- Demonstrated skills of ownership and ability to drive / release products that have made a massively positive business impact
- Experience with design thinking/rapid experimentation type methodologies (e.g. lean, design for delight)
- Ability to articulate customer insights into product strategy and synthesises insights from multiple product areas
- Effective leader of internal and external teams to effectively deliver
- You enjoy mentoring others in order to achieve performance that drives towards their squad goals
Some extra skills that would be awesome
- Worked on a two sided marketplace
- Worked on a blockchain exchange or product
- Passion for blockchain, cryptocurrency and the Immutable mission
Some of the things we can offer you
- Competitive salary, plus equity
- Relocation package
- Flexibility to work from home regularly
- Located near Central Station in Surry Hills with a rooftop
- Regular, fun social events where we can relax and connect with our teammates
- A very supportive, fun and progressive environment
- We provide you with all the hardware and an additional $750 to set up your new home office
- Perkbox benefits including premium access to calm, an online fitness portal and discounts at major retailers
- Thousands of courses on Go1, my academy and Naspers
- Access to 24/7 counselling service for you and your family