Product & Gaming Communications Manager
13 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
The Product & Gaming Communications Manager will build narratives and PR campaigns that promote an understanding of Twitch's products and features to our community, and tell compelling stories for and about gamers, within the media.
You'll work with multiple teams internally, including Product Marketing, Product Management, and the Communications team (of which you will be a part); plus the Design and Research teams to develop strategic and creative plans to launch new features, communicate updates, and keep our communities informed on the benefits of what we're building. You'll take the lead on responding to product-related inquiries and handle crises and issues as they emerge. You'll partner with our content and business development teams to tell stories about Twitch's unique role in the gaming and entertainment industry, and find ways to highlight our gaming creators.
You are creative and have experience working on consumer software products and social or interactive services. You are curious about how things work and can distill complex concepts into easily understood language. You understand Twitch, streaming, and the broader gaming industry. You can spot issues before they happen, can easily establish trusted relationships with senior partners, think and work with multiple teams, and excel in a fast-paced, changing environment.
You will report to the Associate Director of Consumer Communications.
This position can be located in San Francisco, CA or Remotely across the United States.
- Develop consumer, tech, and technology trade media strategies
- Identify opportunities to engage creators and viewers around product launches
- Establish a deep understanding of Twitch's products and features and develop stories that translate those concepts to broad consumer audiences
- Develop relationships with essential consumer, tech, and technology trade reporters
- Develop campaigns and stories that promote gamers and gaming content on Twitch
- Be a trusted, strategic partner to peers and executives
- Create the foundational materials needed to achieve compelling narratives
- Help manage company response for crisis and issues that may arise, working across Twitch to create messaging and respond quickly and effectively
- Work with US and global agency partners
- 5+ years of experience in public relations or journalism, including experience working in-house on consumer
- Established relationships with a broad range of media and outlets
- Experience working with developers, product marketers, PR agencies or teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and comfort being a company spokesperson
- Sound business judgment in a fast-paced, changing, and sometimes ambiguous situations and environments
- Enthusiasm for Twitch and our community
- Experience at a high-growth technology company or startup; super bonus for experience with video, streaming, or user-generated content
- Experience supporting large-scale company events
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The pay range for this position in Colorado and Connecticut is $ 77,550 -129,250 yr ; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience . A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act and CT House Bill Number 6380. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.