Product Engineer - Voice
9 months ago
Volley develops voice-controlled games and lifestyle apps for Amazon Alexa and Google Home. Our voice apps are world-class and attract millions of users every month. We're a 25-person team based in San Francisco.
We've created several of the top experiences for voice-controlled devices, including:
-- Song Quiz
- a name-that-tune music trivia game
-- Volley FM
- a personalized morning news service for Alexa
-- Yes Sire
- a choose-your-own-adventure medieval RPG
We're seeking an experienced Product Engineer to build voice-controlled experiences and supporting infrastructure. The products you create will be deployed to a wide variety of devices, including smart speakers, smart TVs, and smartphones.
At Volley you will:
-- Work on products that reach millions of active users
-- Take advantage of our powerful internal engine to build and iterate quickly, focusing on writing logic, not boilerplate
-- Develop best-in-class voice-controlled products that are social, engaging, and fun to play
-- Collaborate with UX experts, designers, and data analysts to deliver products quickly and effectively
Things you may have done before
- Built consumer-facing mobile apps or games at scale
- Operated in environments with fast development-cycles focused on rapid product iteration
- Been part of a high performing engineering team
- Worked with audio, voice, or other emerging technologies
- 3+ years professional coding experience
- Passion for entertainment and/or games
Our software stack
- AWS (Lambda, Fargate, Dynamo)
- Alexa Skills Kit
- Google Actions SDK
We're currently all working remotely on Zoom. In the next 6-12 months we hope to return to our beautiful office in Hayes Valley, San Francisco. In the meantime, we have amazing remote Happy Hours and team game nights, and a VERY active cooking channel in Slack. Join us!
If this sounds like fun, get in touch!