9 days ago
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Old School RuneScape is unique in the games world with the deepest commitment to player engagement in the industry. Driven by Feature Polls, where players decide the future of the service when new features receive 75% or more yes votes from them , Old School is looking for a Product Director to act as the representative of the customer player on the team and be primarily responsible for the commercial strategy of the game. You will study and understand the behaviour of our players and find ways to reach out to more people to encourage them to become members of one of the world’s largest cross play (PC + mobile) gaming communities.
Working with our analytics team, you will find insights in the data from our players, showing a key understanding of player their motivations, and use that to help build our product strategy. This will require you to build strong and lasting relationships throughout Jagex with a diverse range of individuals, while also connecting directly with the Old School community to gain a deep understanding of our players.
- Work with the Executive Producer to execute on the vision and product strategy for Old School across the company
- Partner with Publishing to create and execute Go-To-Market and Release plans for the game
- Collaborate with the team and community to drive the commercial vision and long-term monetization strategy for the game
- Utilize extensive game analytics and player behaviour analysis to monitor game performance and KPIs, identifying new opportunities to increase user conversion, retention, and monetization
- Own the short- mid- and long-term product strategy in line with the Brand and Product roadmap
- Actively contribute to the management and strategic development of the game to ensure commercial goals are achieved
- Foster strong relationships with internal development team to ensure a collaborative approach to achieving product goals
- Manage player-facing communications and in-game events
- Understand the player community, ensuring player sentiment and feedback is considered in every step of development
- A creative mindset with an ability to steer product vision utilizing your extensive knowledge of the market
- A highly organised individual who is able to time-manage, delegate and deliver workloads effectively
- A passionate gamer willing to be part of a fun, hard-working team
- Proven experience in managing the successful launch and ongoing service of MMO or Games-as-a-Service titles
- An expert on gaming industry trends and competitive landscapes
- Proven experience delivering product plans which maximize revenue
- Highly analytical, with an excellent understanding of statistics with the ability to interpret with confidence and whilst making and implementing recommendations
- Strong relationship and influencing skills
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.