This job might no longer be available.
9 days ago
As the Product Owner, you will be responsible for guiding product development and product strategy with our partner studio, as well as driving acquisition, engagement, and monetization strategies for both features and content during production and post-launch live service. You are passionate about mobile racing franchises, experienced in mobile game development, business-minded and think rigorously to develop and maintain a deep understanding of the needs and expectations of players. You will guide our partner studio in China to develop the game, and manage key game features, content releases and LiveOps that further the overall vision of the game and its goals. You will collaborate with internal stakeholders across the company to make sure our partner studio has what it needs to develop the game, manage IP and car license approvals, drive live performance, and influence the roadmap to ensure that business goals are being met. This role has a high level of ownership and visibility within EA while also affording the opportunity to work with our dev partner – one of the most successful mobile game studios in the world – to build a global mobile racing game from the ground up.
- Build teams and strategies designed to drive a growth strategy for the product. Develop relationships and partnerships to drive agenda with external and internal partners.
- Partners with PM & Analysts to implement a culture of data curiosity and data democracy on the product.
- Ensures external partners and execs are aligned with direction of the product and the team.
- Represent game team with external data partners like SDI, EADP to ensure data infrastructure and platform exists and is running smoothly.
- Represents the studio's perspective on business related matters to executive leadership and serves as a thought leader.
- Key stakeholder in ensuring product priorities are being addressed by Central partners.
- Provides the voice of the product in meetings and internal/external communication along with the Studio GM.
Product Development & Business Planning:
- Drives and guides game development and makes sure the development process fits with internal frameworks (GDF, Gate Process, milestone reviews). Acts as the voice of the product to internal stakeholders and leadership.
- Establishes internal processes to ensure smooth development processes. Builds relationships with stakeholders as appropriate.
- Advocates goal oriented/KPI driven feature design and roadmap planning across the game itself as well as individual features. Takes a long-term strategic view of roadmap development that integrates player and market data. Develops a culture of measuring outcomes for releases and serves as a thought leader across Asia Studios.
- Gets appropriate parties aligned on soft launch targets for the title - including PBM, Publishing and Marketing.
- Oversees product roadmap. Ensures stakeholders are bought in. Makes final call on product roadmap decisions when needed.
- Builds culture of measurable outcomes that lead to quantifiable roadmap features (ROI). Champions data driven philosophy across Asia Studios.
- Builds a culture of rigor where data informed decision making is advocated by studio leadership. Develops a culture of rapid testing and strategies that serve as validation of concepts and feature ideas - both qualitative and quant, and advocates testing with dev team.
- Oversees reports that drive product review conversations and presentations. Ensure takeaways are actionable.
- Establishes a culture of thinking outside the box, constant learning, experimentation and validation.
- Defines the product vision in collaboration with our partner development studio, and ensures product/market fit is met for players globally.
- Crafts high level strategy/pillars designed to drive business objectives.
- Builds culture of measurable design; develop culture and framework for evaluating feature performance against expectations.
- Expert level understanding of top competitive titles, genres, gaming landscape and business model evolution.
- Develops a culture of constant monitoring and learning from industry best practices.
- Deep understanding of player motivations, personas and segmentations across multiple genres/franchises.
- Builds relationships and collaborates with stakeholders to derive qualitative and quant inputs - UXR reviews, CI, Analytics. Also builds strong partnerships with creative leads across Asia Studios.
- Partners with Community and Commercial leadership to advocate a Player First agenda while also balancing with business realities.
- Builds a culture of curiosity, learning and exploration in the studio. Evangelizes out of the box thinking based on external trends in technology, gaming and entertainment within studio and at EA. Pushes for knowledge sharing and collaboration to ensure ideas are spread.
- Drive roadmap & guide development:
- Identify key features in terms of season structure, event structure, etc.
- Collaborate with Design Team, to prioritize when and how new features they create are delivered and released.
- Collaborate with Design Director when feature trade-offs need to happen to ensure alignment.
- Guide game development with partner studio team
- Responsible for helping identify features to drive core KPIs (acquisition, engagement, retention and monetization).
- Partner with partner studio Design team on identifying the best combination of feature choices to be produced.
- Partner with Design Team to improve the design and production of key features in order to increase performance (ranked adjustments, Battle Pass iterations, etc.)
- Own major events (mix of challenges, gameplay events, etc.) and collaborate with Design Team as they own limited modes.
- Own product management & analytics for the project and clarify how we collaborate with other teams like SDI, Commercial, QA, etc.