Director, Product Manager - Wallet Technology
14 days ago
Forte is seeking a Product Director with a proven technical background to guide the design and execution of wallet products and services intended for game audiences. This role will focus on the complex product challenges between usability of wallet technology and the related security features. The position will require this leader to have existing experience or an advanced level of understanding of how distributed security models are consumed by end-users and accessed by server technologies. Bonus points for exposure to product execution within custodial wallet services, exchange design, or white-label wallet design.
Previous leadership experience is required, as this role requires the oversight and roadmap ownership of several strategic products within the business unit interacting with external partners. This includes and is not limited to, product managers and a global network of third-party engineers and cryptographers.
In partnership with senior leadership, this role will be integral to the delivery of a key component in the success of all Forte game partners and their players. These new services provide player communities all around the world with safe and intuitive tools to participate in new and creative economic opportunities.
In this role, you will…
- Own the Wallet Technology product roadmap, building consensus with cross-team stakeholders.
- Own oversight and follow-through of all wallet technology requirements.
- Be the voice of technically minded customers and a thought leader for problem-solving their related use cases of wallet technology.
- Coordinate communications flow between the broader Wallet product team and Customer Success team leads for internal and internal stakeholders.
- Set product strategy to anticipate customer needs ahead of teams and stakeholders.
- Be responsible for the execution of all facets of the wallet product suite.
- Ensure all integrations with the wallet technology are in alignment with internal and external consumer needs.
- Manage and mentor product managers such that they grasp the product vision and can execute product ownership at a feature level.
- Set direction on how to tackle and distill market research and analysis into product roadmap prioritization.
The ideal candidate will have…
- An understanding of the fundamentals of blockchain technology, developer platforms, game design, and/or token economics.
- Proven track record, as a successful technical product leader in a product-driven organization; knowing how to pair technical constraints with business needs.
- Experience guiding the full feature development process: creation, design, execution, delivery, etc.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to translate between technical and non-technical audiences.
- Interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with various stakeholders and help juggle competing interests.
- Demonstrated competency in identifying customer needs and translating them into roadmap execution.
- A “roll up the sleeves” attitude that demonstrates a bias towards action and impact.
- Experience managing scope and prioritization decisions at a product-wide level.
- Experience with Agile, as well as exposure to Rust, Erlang, Scala, or C++ as part of a former tech stack.
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for creative problem-solving with incomplete data.
Bonus if you also have...
- Practical experience solving problems for end-users in the blockchain space
- Experience or exposure to the security designs of distributed ledgers
- The opportunity to build something that's never been built before - to solve new problems and to develop solutions with a team of industry leaders by your side
- A learning environment where you'll be hands-on with the latest tools and technologies
- The opportunity to merge personal passions or interests you may have for blockchain and/or gaming with your professional path
- Competitive compensation and perks to help you work comfortably and productively with a fully remote team
Forte’s platform allows game publishers to easily integrate blockchain technologies into their games, enabling features such as seamless, embeddable token wallets, non-fungible token (NFT) minting and selling, payment rails, and other services built specifically for blockchain token economies and the management of digital and virtual assets. In blockchain-enabled games, players can truly own goods, rather than making pure entertainment expenditures. Players around the world can freely trade goods and services with each other, and can participate in community economies that reward creativity, collaboration, and skill. These new systems provide game players and communities all around the world with new creative and economic opportunities.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.