Product Director, Payments & Fraud
16 days ago
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As the Director for Payments, Fraud and Monetization Products, you are the product owner for the payments, pricing and fraud systems in addition to all the systems supporting developer monetization including the Developer Exchange, Premium Payouts and virtual economy products such as Game Passes.
You lead the long-term strategy for currency, future payments including proprietary wallets, fraud prevention, and virtual economy revenue optimizations. The scope of your work will involve the future of our currency, expanding payments to new providers and platforms including the development of internal capabilities, international pricing and purchasing systems and optimization, and building world class fraud and abuse defenses across the platform. You are at the nexus of all current and future monetization and creator earnings projects to grow the community and the business.
This is a highly cross functional role, working together with the Finance, Accounting, Legal and Platform partnership teams on a daily basis.
You are a product leaders who doesn't hesitate to propose bold ideas and put them into action, you'll be a great fit.
- Develop a compelling long-term vision for Roblox' role in the payment ecosystem and business cases around new revenue streams at scale - and communicate with the executive leadership team to lead support and ensure that the vision aligns with our priorities and principles.
- Build the current team out, hiring additional product leadership and partnership with engineering, data science and design to uplevel all responsibilities
- Have full responsibility for developing features and capabilities to facilitate payments, improve pricing, build Roblox future payment systems and user-facing features, improve in-experience monetization and minimize Roblox's exposure to fraud and abuse
- Partner with other product, design, engineering and team members including Legal, Finance and Partnerships to lead strategic agreement. Enroll other teams into your product vision and align roadmaps to ensure cohesive product functionality and value proposition.
- Work with cross-functional partners to define scope, review technical capabilities, prioritize projects for release, and define new opportunities
- Lead brainstorming, then take these early ideas and iterate, experiment, and build
- Defend your POV against skeptics, while being open to feedback and adapting your ideas to deliver the best output
- Use customer understanding and empathy to discover and define the right problems and products we are pursuing
- Balance and prioritize new features with existing backlog projects and align them with the product vision.
- Based in San Mateo, you will report to the VP Product, Economy.
- 12+ years of product management experience, with expertise in the payments, pricing and / or fraud space
- A proven track record of aligning teams and prioritizing features/resources to deliver an excellent product
- Entrepreneurial drive: Worked with competing resources and priorities, through the product life cycle from planning, through to launch. Strong opinions and a willingness to make calls with limited information. Comfort advocating for resources and operating in a dynamic, fluid organization. A high degree of self-direction and a get stuff done attitude.
- Technical mindset: Comfort delving into the product, platform and implementation details. Ability to engage with engineering to design scalable and extensible solutions
- Data-driven approach: Proficiency identifying, defining, tracking and acting upon metrics. Familiarity with experimentation and A/B testing methods. Experience identifying KPIs and working with engineering and analytics on instrumentation and monitoring.
- Ability to convey strategies, priorities, and tradeoffs at the 30K foot level, and produce clear and detailed product and technical specifications
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
$405,970 — $498,680 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.