Product Designer, Consumer Experience
1 month ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by e nabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross , Susan G. Komen , American Cancer Society , and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work , Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies , Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance , a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50 , one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups , and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
Who we're looking for:
Your passion for design leads you to creating fresh new concepts that can change an industry. You take initiative, you find solutions to obvious and hidden problems without being asked. The status quo is not sufficient, and you are constantly looking for new ways to improve your designs and a user’s experience and you expect the people around you to do the same. Designers on our Skillz App and games.skillz.com will create new features and improve existing features to capture, entertain, and educate players about Skillz-powered games.
What You'll Do:
- Be a “full-stack” designer and take projects from discovery to implementation.
- Work closely with the Skillz Design and Product Development team to contribute to creative concepts to help improve the Skillz design process, and build requirements for our Skillz App and games.skillz.com website
- Establish and maintain design systems as you build out novel features, and help scale the team
- Continually iterate and evolve our consumer facing products to define industry standards
- Own feature designs for cross platform (iOS and Android) and multiple orientations
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 2+ years of production experience as a product designer working on real products
- Mobile design experience for Android, iOS and mobile web
- Proactive problem solver. See opportunities and go after them without being asked.
- A polished portfolio of work showing your visual design skills and evidence of a great design process (strategy and definition documents, user flows, wireframes, etc)
- Ability to work together with a development team and ensure products meet specifications (brand, systems, grid spacing)
- Ability to manage deadlines and collaborate in a cross functional environment
- Ability to support your designs with research, context and verbal presentation, while able to incorporate feedback and find designs solutions with key stakeholders