Product Design Lead, Shader Graph
Bellevue, WA, United States
3 days ago
Unity is looking for an experienced Product Designer to guide and inspire the collaborative efforts of a team of designers working on worldbuilding and shader authoring tools essential to crafting visually beautiful and immersive worlds, characters and effects.
As a Product Design Lead at Unity, you’ll combine your depth of experience in the design field, along with a proven ability to inspire your team, to deliver exceptional user experiences. Your contribution will help develop groundbreaking solutions, from ideation to delivery, and help define and improve tools used by millions of creators worldwide.
- Manage day-to-day operations of a design team; provide the support and mentorship your team requires to grow, while promoting a culture of innovation, teamwork and inclusivity
- Collaborate closely with other leads, designers, PMs, developers, field specialists, and QAs on a day-to-day basis to clarify and execute on the vision and successfully bring products to market
- Foster a deep understanding of user’s needs by identifying key use-cases that will be used across your product area. Work with peers and stakeholders to cross-pollinate and propagate patterns across the product
- Work with the global team of designers, user researchers, technical artists, engineers, and product managers to promote intuitive and efficient user experience
- Great leadership and people management skills with a proven ability to mentor and develop skills in designers of all levels
- Demonstrated experience with Product Design in technical software development or developer tools and a proven track record of successfully delivering results in an agile development environment
- Deep experience in information architecture, user scenarios, interaction, and visual design
- Excellent collaboration skills and a strong ability for verbal and visual communication across teams, disciplines, cultures, and locations
- Self-driven curiosity to seek new knowledge in a wide variety of technical fields
- Game development using Unity, or other game engines
- Authoring experience using Unity or other game engines (Environment or worldbuilding, Shader and material authoring tools)
- Experience with or knowledge of industry-standard graphing tools, (e.g. Substance Painter, Houdini, Blueprint)
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.