14 days ago
Welcome to Timbre!
We are Timbre Games (part of the Sumo Digital Group), a new studio in Vancouver, Canada focused on making exciting, innovative game experiences. Timbre’s vision is to change the games industry through the original games we make, as well as how we make them. We’re building an inclusive, supportive culture that allows us to explore fresh, new (and sometimes weird) ideas. We’re searching for more visionary explorers to join our team of diverse voices, coming together to develop games that are accessible to a wide audience.
If you’re thinking about your next adventure, send us your resume to talk to our team about how you can add your voice to the games we’re working on.
Production at Timbre Games
Producers at Timbre are the team stewards, creating processes and structure that foster innovation while having fun, drawing on their organizational leadership skills. Through their stewardship of our Agile production processes and rituals they create an empowered, highly accountable and collaborative team culture guiding our teams through the project’s life cycle. They are champions of the development process and planning tools and are able to confidently guide the team through sprints and milestones while removing impediments to the teams’ success.
You'll be joining our first project in pre-production, being a key piece of the puzzle to take this game through to launch!
What impact will you have as a Producer at Timbre?
- You will collaborate closely with the game area Senior Producer, Product Steward and Leads to manage your areas scope, capacity, roadmaps, and communications at the team level.
- Manage day-to-day production needs of a cross functional team (or teams); taking a solution oriented and team focused approach,
- Staying on top of how the teams deliverables are tracking to deadlines through our project management software Favro and utilizing burn down charts to make the work visible
- Proactive risk management and tracking with a keen eye for when escalation is required
- Facilitate daily stand ups encouraging collaborative communication (not just a status update!) and helping to remove blockers for the team where needed.
- Organize and drive sprint planning, reviews and retrospectives and facilitate meetings as needed for your areas keeping organized agendas, notes and actions
- Assist in scoping projects as well as develop production plans, including milestone deliveries, with quality and timely delivery as the focus for success
- Ensure that the team is regularly playtesting the game and providing feedback with an eye for quality and player experience
- Working with the project production team to evolve production processes to meet the needs of the team and project
Your Track Record Might Include
- 3 years of production experience; have shipped at least one video game title from pre-production to final preferably on a PC or Console product
- Solid organizational skills with a strong capability to multitask, prioritize and identify process improvements
- Adaptable and empathetic team facilitator who can motivate and manage across multiple disciplines
- Excellent communication skills that support inclusivity and facilitate collaboration
- Strong computer skills and software knowledge, bonus if you have Agile project management experience, are comfortable with Notion, Miro and Slack
- A passion for playing, making games and a pursuer of fun!
What you'll gain:
Timbre aims to foster a workplace environment that empowers our team to do their best creative work. Below are a list of some of the benefits we offer to ensure you reach your full potential. As we continue to grow, we are co-creating more values-driven benefits to support our team.
• Competitive salary & comprehensive health benefits, including extended health, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, short / long-term disability, 24/7 counselling through an employee assistance program and a health spending account available to you from your first day
• Annual bonus & up to 5% RRSP matching available to you from your first day
• Flexible paid time off, plus holiday closure between Christmas and New Years, as well as National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
• Work with us in Vancouver or remotely across Canada, utilizing our $500 work from home allowance
• 1 year gaming subscription and weekly gaming days
• My Pathway - a Career Development Program to provide a clear path for you to grow at Timbre
• 8 learning days per year and unlimited access to Udemy online courses
• A values driven culture with direct access to leadership
Timbre’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Timbre Games is located in beautiful Vancouver, BC, Canada and on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. Although our roots are in Vancouver, we work with a remote, distributed team across Canada. If you are interested in an opportunity at Timbre Games but are not presently residing in Canada, please note that we may be able to offer assistance in immigrating / relocating under the right conditions.
Timbre Games is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law. We celebrate all backgrounds and attributes that make us unique and amazing - in this world and the ones we create!
At Timbre, we try to be mindful and not set unrealistic requirement expectations in order to apply. If you don’t tick all of the boxes of the role that you’re excited about, we encourage you to send your resume to our General Application inbox on our careers page
, or, follow Timbre on LinkedIn
to stay in touch with our newest openings.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If what we’ve shared above resonates with you, connect with us today!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.