18 days ago
Samurai Punk is a Melbourne-based independent game developer that creates dangerously great games. Starting in 2014, we have focused on always pushing ourselves to build new and interesting games. Our notable releases include Screencheat, Roombo: First Blood and Feather as well as our upcoming title Justice Sucks: Recharged.
- Flexible WFH
- Dedicated Personal Development week every two months
- Flexible work arrangement opportunities and family-friendly considerations
- Work in our Melbourne* office with an awesome team
- Our office is currently located in South Melbourne but we will be moving in Feburary to a new space TBD
- Samurai Punk encourages applications and enquiries from diverse and underrepresented developers.
How to Apply
Send CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org subject line “Producer- Samurai Punk”
Closing Date - 23/01/22
About the Role
As the Samurai Punk Producer you will be leading our team to ship titles on time and on budget. You will work closely with the leads to produce schedules and help make decisions around critical milestones to ensure a smooth delivery. Samurai Punk prides itself on making weird and wonderful games and we hope you will have a passion for such strangeness as well.
- Release Management across the various PC and Console platforms.
- Take ownership of sprint meetings, weekly/daily tasking, and tracking status
- Helping organise events like PAX, company parties etc.
- Assist leadership with producing pitch material for internal and external projects
- Help maintain a sustainable, inspired, confident, effective, and happy team :)
- Collaborate with our partners in various parts of the world
- Decompose tasks, estimate, create schedules, roadmaps, co-dependencies, goals.
- Tell us how to do things better and on time
- Have a desire to work at an independent studio.
- Have roughly 3+ years in game development or a similar field in a production role.
- Be familiar with Jira or a similar platform.
- Have knowledge of the agile workflow and understand how to integrate with source control like Git.
- Be an excellent communicator that can navigate compromises between individuals.
Things that are a +
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience on teams both big or small.
- Knowledge of adjacent development fields like programming or art and or familiarity with game engines
- Experience shipping titles on major consoles.
- Experience on a diverse range of titles.