14 days ago
Pixelberry Studios is a top mobile games developer, creating fun and engaging games with heart for over nine years. We’re a division of Nexon, one of the Top 10 largest gaming companies in the world. Our studio is 3-for-3 launching games into the App Store's Top 25 Grossing chart. Our market-leading, award-winning mobile game, Choices: Stories You Play, broke into the Top 5 in the App Store. Our vision for success is based around innovative game design, diversity, and putting our players first!
We've seen firsthand the positive impact that games can make. Because of that, we leverage our commercial success to make a real difference: we have partnered with numerous non-profits, saved actual lives with our games, and donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to charities. Players love our games’ focus on racial, gender, sexual, and identity diversity while holding us accountable when they expect more.
Some of us at Pixelberry have worked together for over 10 years through multiple companies. As a result, we strive to create long-term relationships that help sustain our success. We continue to add new individuals who aren’t just searching for another stepping stone but a place to put down roots and actively make a difference. We love what we do and are looking for passionate, like-minded people who want to grow, learn, and make a difference together.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
At Pixelberry, we strive to expand the potential of narrative games. As we begin to build the next generation of products, we are in search of a talented Producer to coordinate and facilitate the day-to-day operations of our multi-disciplinary teams within our central technology division. This position is communication-oriented, and requires forming connections between different stakeholders and teams, as well as partnering with product leads to develop roadmaps, gain alignment between groups, help resolve conflicts, and generally improve operations.
Because work will involve a largely distributed team, this role requires communication in a variety of forms, from voice calls, to tracking documents, to visualizations and roadmaps. We are looking for people who will thrive in potentially complex or ambiguous environments, find creative solutions to problems, and help ensure team harmony while providing strong deliverables across a team with varied backgrounds, experience and areas of focus. This is a highly service-oriented role, and is ideal for people who can put the product and the stakeholders first.
Our headquarters are in Mountain View, CA but we can accommodate a remote work environment for a candidate from the following states: California, Colorado, Florida, Maryland, Nevada, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, and Washington.
Currently, all Pixelberry staff work remotely with the option to work in-office, if desired.
- Work directly with the Product Manager of a Core technology division to achieve objectives that help other teams within Pixelberry improve their productivity and value
- Identify the communication needs between your division and other groups, both inside and outside of the organization
- Be willing to interface with teams working on highly technical subject matter that may be outside of your area of expertise
- Work with the Product Manager to run the day-to-day of an agile team by leading stand-ups and meetings, working with task tracking software and facilitating task grooming
- Help build operational strategy and development strategy documents to communicate necessary information in a clear, visual format
- Keep and maintain important information on your division’s company wiki pages
- Take in and route requests from stakeholders, team members, and outside groups to make sure their needs are met
- Proactively look for solutions to problems and leave no stone unturned in improving workflow or processes
- Have a continuous customer service mindset, and support the team with a "no task is too small" approach
- 2+ years of experience in game production or a similar role
- Experience shipping titles on mobile or web
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to coordinate across multiple teams and disciplines
- Ability to coordinate between groups and communicate information to stakeholders
- Good understanding of game and product development practices such as Agile, Kanban, or Scrum
- Experienced using industry tools such as Jira, Confluence, Asana, Google Sheets, etc.
- Ability to work on documentation and visualizations for planning and strategy purposes
- Good understanding of scheduling and ability to drive a team towards milestones
- Flexibility and responsiveness to changing environments and needs
- Experience in managing external teams
- Experience shipping titles to mobile or web
- Experience in (and love for) narrative or interactive fiction games
- Experience in (and love for) casual mobile games
- Experience working in both creative and technical fields
- BA / BS or equivalent industry experience
- Scrum certification
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Competitive salary
- High level of autonomy and freedom
- Rich & flexible health, disability, and employee assistance offerings to meet the needs of a diverse workforce
- 401(K) with matching program
- Paid Year-End Break
- For local employees that elect to work in-studio, a relaxed office environment with free food and snacks
- Virtual escape rooms, video game nights, trivia parties, and other team-building activities throughout the year!
HOW THIS JOB IS DIFFERENT
- Learn about the business side of mobile games. Our team is very good at what we do.
- Good work/life balance. We are family-friendly and look at things in the long term.
- That warm fuzzy feeling that you’re not just making a difference at a company, but in the lives of people all over the world.
Pixelberry Studios values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, Black/BIPOC, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Pixelberry is also an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.