18 days ago
Phoenix Labs is looking for a talented and experienced Producer to join our Montréal studio. As our first producer in this studio, this person will build the production discipline team from the ground up, and be accountable for the “who and how” of bringing a new game IP to life.
A hands-on project manager who’ll help drive the game development cycle who knows the ins & outs of multi platform game development and thrives in a fast paced results driven environment.
- Partner with the Creative Director to manage and support a cross-functional development team of software engineers, designers, and artists.
- Accountable for all production aspects of the game team, including headcount and staffing allocations, team health and performance, forecasts, schedule, quality, budget, planning and tracking.
- Assume the role of development manager on an Agile team, and facilitate team rituals such as standups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, sprint reviews, and retrospectives.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships across Phoenix Labs studios, as well as with our partners and community.
- Actively manage and mitigate risk, and lead problem resolution as issues arise
- Support the team’s growth and development, and ensure they’re empowered to do their best work.
- At least 10 years in project management in games.
- Shipped at least 1 live service game in a leadership role, and is familiar with running and maintaining a game service with regular updates.
- Shipped at least 1 multi-platform game title with end-to-end production experience (preferred).
- Steady and practiced hand at steering a game’s production through the different stages of development.
- Experienced in scaling and managing a cross-functional development team from the small size of early stage development through to the larger size of production, launch, and live service.
- Strong written and verbal communicator who is capable of building alignment with large and varied groups.
- At home in a cross-functional, team-based environment, and has the ability to thrive in and promote a culture of collaboration and transparency.
- Strategic thinker with high proficiency in various project management methodologies, who knows when to apply which methodologies to drive toward effective outcomes.
- Highly proficient at core project management skills and able to share knowledge by coaching or training others in skills like planning, scheduling, estimation, risk assessment, capacity planning, scoping, budgeting, and staffing.
- Adept at preparing mitigation and contingency plans before problems occur within a team or project.
- Competitive knowledge of the connected / live landscape games on various platforms and regions.
- Experience with (or certification) in Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Experience with Confluence, Jira, Favro, Google Suite, Slack.
- Experience with Unreal Engine and Perforce.
- Experience building and delivering organizational reports.
Who we are:
Phoenix Labs is a multinational video game company with connection at its core. Dauntless, our flagship title, was the first-ever game to launch with full cross-play and cross-progression, and we’re already working on several new projects and ways to bring people together.
In our studios, the story is the same. Our teamwork, transparency, and optimism keep us focused on doing what matters, and we work hard to live up to our central promise that people are the ends, not the means.
Phoenix Labs is headquartered in Vancouver, BC, with studios in Montreal, Los Angeles, and San Mateo. We are backed by Garena, our long-time partner in Southeast Asia.
Learn more about our values->