13 days ago
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game publishers and developers, with well over 750 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Traffic Cop 3D and Makeover Studio 3D. Alongside this, we also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope and Die by the Blade.
With a team of talented people collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, the Philippines and many more places, we have a truly global team making games for a global audience. And it’s paying off: Kwalee games have been downloaded in every country on earth! If you think you’re a good fit for one of our remote vacancies, we want to hear from you wherever you are based.
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle. Could your idea be the next global hit?
What’s the job?
As a Producer you have a passion for mobile games, knowledge of the industry and great management skills to help our development team to produce the best games.
What you tell your friends you do
“I am the person behind the curtain, helping everything to run smoothly in our games.”
What you will really be doing
- Working with the studio to create and maintain release plans for a portfolio of live and in development games.
- Facilitate game releases and post release analysis with the Marketing and Analytics departments.
- Coordinate with central depts crucial to the success of the games, including Central Tech, QA, Research and Product Management to ensure delivery dependencies are tracked and managed.
- Report on the key progress, risks, opportunities and learnings for games under your care.
- Work within the Casual Games team to help create and utilize the best development practices.
- Help the development teams you work with to find new ways to be more efficient, from tooling improvements to process enhancements.
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to ensure our games are extremely high quality.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with more than 200 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and Requirements
- 3+ years experience in a production management role within a games studio.
- Experience managing mobile games at all stages of development, from idea to sunset.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- A charismatic, energetic and integral character.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Outstanding organisational skills.
- Strong understanding of F2P mobile games including game design and KPIs.
- Experience of agile project management methodologies.
- A “self-starter” mentality.
- A strong interest in mobile games and play them daily.
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Kwalee makes games to bring people, their stories, and their interests together. As an employer, we’re dedicated to making sure that everyone can thrive within our team by welcoming and supporting people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances. With the inclusion of diverse voices in our teams, we bring plenty to the table that’s fresh, fun and exciting; it makes for a better environment and helps us to create better games for everyone! This is how we move forward as a company – because these voices are the difference that make all the difference.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.