This job might no longer be available.
2 months ago
At Keywords Studios, we are using our passion for games, technology and media to create a global services platform for video games and beyond. Our aim is to become the “go to” provider of technical services.
We enable leading content creators and publishers to leverage our expertise and capacity across the lifecycle of interactive content. In so doing we empower our clients to remain lean and agile, and to focus on creating the most engaging experiences.Keywords Studios (KWS) is trusted and relied upon by many of the world’s leading video game companies to work alongside them during concept, development and live operations by leveraging the breadth and depth of our industry leading service lines every step of the way.
The Program Manager is part of our global Program Management Organization (PMO), and allocated to one of our multi-service programs.
The Program Manager is responsible for the successful delivery of the whole of the proposed program, coordination of the program's projects/work streams and management of their interdependencies.
You will be working alongside the PMO Leadership and supporting Keywords’ Service Lines to ensure the operational success of the program you are assigned to.
The role will be based in one of our studios but extensive travel is expected (i.e. post-pandemic) both to Keywords Studios production sites and to existing, as well as prospective clients.
This can be a remote position, to be considered you must live in one of these states: AR, AL, AZ, CA, CO, DC, FL, MA, MD, ME, MS, NV, IL, OH, OR, TX, UT, WA, WI.
Key Responsibilities and Activities:
- Supports PMO Leadership on an assigned integrated, multi-service program.
- Ensures operational alignment with client’s program strategy and goals, as well as KWS commercial and contractual objectives
- Creates cross-functional reports/dashboards and reports the progress of the program at regular intervals to key internal as well as external stakeholders
- Supports the implementation and documentation of cross-service best practices, alongside PMO Leadership and KWS PMO
- Supports business and service/solution development to help meet future client needs, ensuring deeper engagement of existing services and capacity to widen the service solutions to support KWS organic growth
- Facilitates the appointment of individuals to project teams
- Coordinates team members from Service Lines and Global Support Functions on assigned program
- Manages both the dependencies and the interfaces between projects
- Supports program and process improvements to ensure that evolving client needs are always met, and that services can be delivered with greater efficiency
- Initiates extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the program are identified or issues arise
- Works with Service Lines and the Program Operations Manager/Director to analyse, manage and mitigate program risks to the program’s successful outcome, and explores and exploits program opportunities with them
- Works collaboratively with Business Development, Service Lines and other key functions at KWS to drive client success
- Ensures effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the program - focusing inwardly on the internal consistency of the program, and outwardly on its coherence with client requirements, interfaces with other programs and corporate standards
- Ensures there is allocation of common resources and skills within the program's individual projects
- Interfaces with the client on a regular basis to ensure operational alignment of assigned program and to support client relationship management
- Manages communication with all stakeholders, and keeps all program and project communications in a single, easily reference-able channel
- Works with the PMO Leadership on the transition to the new business as usual (BAU) position
- Effective management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong project management skills, in particular:
- Creating a set of standardized deliverables/templates to frame the program
- Implementing core work tools for effective collaboration (e.g. Kanban boards, checklists, etc.)
- Designing and maintaining overall schedule (identifying milestones, timelines, ownership and dependencies)
- Tracking and reporting of status, progress and risks
- Triaging issues and setting project-aligned priorities
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience on BI/analytics platforms (e.g. Power BI)
- Excellent written and spoken English, ability to document program context, processes and best practices in a structured way
- Strong reporting and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong collaborative spirit with a flexible work view and agile work style
- Ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems
- Knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
- 5+ years’ experience in project management of video games or adjacent industries
- Proven experience in delivering multiple projects as a program
- Proven track record in forming, managing, and developing teams
- Must be authorized to work in the US for any employer without the need of sponsorship now or in the future
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- Voluntary Long-term / Short-term Disability
- 401K w/ company match
- Work alongside dynamic individuals in the gaming industry
- Work within a company with upward career growth opportunities