This job might no longer be available.
6 months ago
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Yoga & Wellness Activities
Jam City Burbank is looking for a Game Producer to lead live-operations of a casual mobile free-to-play game. Under the guidance of a Sr. Producer and in collaboration with a Product Manager, the Producer is responsible for goal setting and managing external game development resources to effectively hit goals. The candidate must keep teams motivated while ensuring an on-schedule and on-budget delivery.
- Manage production workflows, collaboratively prioritize and track deliverables, to ensure product goals are delivered on schedule
- Manage product deliverables, milestone reviews, internal and external communications
- Participate in content and feature planning
- Ensure all licensed content is reviewed by IP stakeholders
- Communicate project status effectively with other key stakeholders like Marketing, Customer Service, and Studio Leadership
- Coordinate build submission to Apple and Google
- Accurately manage development costs to budgetary targets
- Demonstrate influence over external game teams, IP stakeholders, and the final game product even in the face of adversity and challenges.
- Organize, support, and optimize: teams, workflows, processes, projects, and more!Knock down any obstacles in advance of hitting them.
- Challenge the status quo and offer solutions for improvements.
- Lead by example.
- Set a tone for high productivity and morale: engagement, enthusiasm, passion and a strong work ethic.
- Build trust with relevant teams and stakeholders and obtain all necessary approvals, as needed.
- Understand the player experience and advocate for excellent quality and usability
- Work closely with QA across multiple time zones to ensure high-quality, bug-free build submissions
- Collaboratively shape and hold the overall vision for the game with Game Design & Product Management
- Proactively understand game requirements: technical, legal, publishing, creative, business and ensure all are incorporated into a balanced product vision
- 3+ years’ experience in a production role within the games industry running external game development projects
- Ability to balance project demands with creative essentials.
- You demand quality; creativity and fun while still managing project constraints.
- Solid project management foundation across various project management methodologies and of game production processes
- Working understanding of casual puzzle free-to-play (F2P) games, data-based decision making, and running games-as-a-service in live operations
- Proactive, results oriented, self-starter, with a strong sense of ownership, accountability and urgency to complete projects from start to finish
- Strong organizational skills, and passion for managing details
- Calm and deliberate performance under pressure and strict deadlines in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Team player with good people skills – able to communicate and influence up, down and across the organization
- Pragmatic: making games is complex, able to prioritize and focus when everything is high priority
- Proficient at using various production tools such as Wikis, Confluence, Jira, MS office, G-Suite, Keynote, etc.
- Excellent oral/written communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to take direction and incorporate feedback
- Experience working with both internal and external development teams
- Sense of humor and optimistic approach
- Able to multi-task like a proAffinity for Disney/Pixar a plus
- Willing and able to travel internationally (infrequently)Passion for video games a must!
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.