16 days ago
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive and addictive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego.
What you’ll do
Psyonix is seeking a Senior Producer to run the Rocket League live game. This opportunity is ideal for someone who has worked in a highly iterative environment, has experience with a live game, and can thrive in a fast paced work environment. Our production culture is one of facilitation, organizing, and creating clarity in a rapid and agile development environment. Our ideal candidate must be self motivated and collaborative.
In this role, you will
- Partner with Rocket League team members to create and execute on development goals and timelines
- Oversee multiple feature teams at once and own features and process; ensuring the team is aligned throughout development
- Work with different development teams to track tasks against a schedule, ready to provide context or accommodate adjustments as necessary
- Work with Quality Assurance to assess, triage, and distribute bugs
- Work with content development teams to ensure alignment with Production schedule and design objectives
- Facilitate team meetings to evaluate designs, track tasks, coordinate reviews, resolve workflow obstacles
- Act as the primary communication point between multiple teams, departments, and stakeholders
- Own the playtesting and feedback pipeline, ensuring developers and stakeholders are aware of project status
- Provide ongoing risk assessments with respect to team health, process bottlenecks, the schedule, and overall quality
- Identify and provide strategies to address potential roadblocks or team issues
- Identify inefficiencies and execute on opportunities for development process improvements, while helping define and encourage production best practises
- Champion special game and production related projects
What we’re looking for
- 6+ years of production experience
- Prior experience in video game development - major contributions to at least one title
- Self starter able to drive projects from concept to completion
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Must be detail oriented and display strong problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong multitasking skills
- Positive attitude and passion for making games
- You’re user-focused, passionate, self-driven, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice to have skills...
- Passionate gamer, strong familiarity with Rocket League
- Worked on a live game
- Technical / engineering experience
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.