16 days ago
Big Run Studios creates cutting edge mobile games for traditionally underserved audiences. Established in 2019 and headquartered in Oakland, CA, we are a group of game industry veterans who are passionate about delivering high quality casual competitive games that entertain players across all mobile platforms. We’re proud to work with the biggest brands and leverage the newest technologies across all stages of development. We believe that success is built on three core values - Strong Player Communities, Experiences that Amaze, and making Games as a Lifestyle.
The Producer will assist managing cross functional teams, anchor communication across the development team, manage workflow-considerations and risks, and help the project hit its development goals.
The Producer will collaborate with the Executive Producer or Product Owner and a small product team to help define the project, work with various stakeholders through greenlighting stages of the project, define and secure required resources, define schedules in consultation with the various disciplines, track production and development against timelines, improve development throughput, maintain communication and flow of information to the entire project team, engage in problem-solving, identify and mitigate risk, tackle issues as they arise, and understand the project’s business goals. You will also help the team succeed by facilitating all planning meetings as well as ensuring best of class practices are maintained. The key to your success will be through the success of your team by providing clear guidelines and key success factors at all stages of development.
- Manage a few small initiatives (or a single large one) within a mobile app from concept through launch and beyond, including maintenance, updates, enhancements, refreshes, and redesigns with cross functional teams.
- Partner with the executive and development team to ensure creative and business objectives are met throughout the development process.
- Work with the executive management team to develop schedules and resource requirements to ensure achievement of product vision.
- Take ownership of day-to-day operations and cross-functional needs for a full-stack, distinct game development team.
- Problem solve as needed to manage dependencies to ensure on-time delivery.
- Facilitate all Scrum ceremonies.
- Coach the Scrum team and help identify solutions to issues raised during retrospectives.
- Proactively identify roadblocks and project risks and work with leads to resolve.
- Create and disseminate project status reports.
- Develop a productive team environment with your Scrum team and be quick to solve or escalate people issues before they impact the team.
- Ensure timely delivery of milestones while safeguarding quality of work in accordance with predefined project schedule.
- Develop and maintain project schedules for all functional areas of development.
- Work with QA to triage game issues and drive updates to the game service.
- Contribute to improving the quality of our games, the productivity of our teams and the efficiency of our processes.
- Direct relationship management of third party consulting and outsourcing firms.
- 5+ years experience in game development of which 3 years was in a production role.
- Broad knowledge and experience in the development of casual, mobile, and classic games.
- Experience and desire to lead and drive teams to conceptualize, develop and implement game concepts using various tools and technologies.
- Strong project management skills - Agile/Waterfall/Scrum development.
- Knowledge of and ability to help facilitate Release Planning and Backlog grooming sessions.
- Knowledge of production, the difficulties generally encountered by teams, and solutions tailored to their requirements.
- Ability to analyze problems and provide quick and consistent guidance to cross functional teams.
- Ability and willingness to mentor and “level up” team members.
- Great knowledge of and passion for the mobile gaming market.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, combining leadership and diplomacy.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Calm under pressure with strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrative proof of an open-minded, progressive thinker who is flexible, energetic, and driven with the ability to work well with cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of production tools: JIRA (Atlassian Products), Google Sheets, Excel, and other project management tools.
- Fluent in English.
Nice to haves:
- Certified Scrum Master.
- Acted as Scrum Master for 1+ years in a technical environment.
- Deep understanding of mobile free-to-play games.
- Mobile casino gaming experience.
- Product and design mindset.
- Understanding of data analytics and data-driven design.
- Spanish as a second language.
Big Run provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.