4 days ago
WHO WE ARE
We’re ArenaNet—we’ve created a studio that builds online worlds infused with innovation, hand-crafted excellence, and creative passion. We're not the only ones who share this passion; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best games of all time.
ArenaNet’s production team takes pride in guiding teams of developers to the highest-quality solutions possible.
WHO YOU ARE
You are an experienced video game producer who is passionate about shepherding ideas from the initial discovery phase to the live release of content to players. You are ready to take on new challenges with teams, helping them make the most of the time they have available. You are comfortable supporting several projects and making sure feedback is appropriately followed up and plans are updated as conditions change.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Collaborate with art, design, and programming developers on cross-discipline teams to create project schedules, budget resources, drive milestones, and scope the project
- Develop and refine the development processes to increase production efficiency and quality
- Monitor change requests and determine when significant changes to project scope have occurred
- Manage the dependencies and development process with core studio services including the Web Development, Audio, Localization, QA, Outsourcing and Marketing departments
- Identify and then develop strategies to mitigate risks
- Communicate development status to teams and stakeholders
- Assist teams with dependency management, removing blocking issues, and communicating project changes
- Track task progress and manage multiple intricate details across long timespans
- Able to mentor and monitor development of junior producers within the team
- Able to drive projects and teams to complete objectives
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Mid to senior level experience with game production in AAA game development
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel in art, design, engineering, and management
- Ability to create project schedules and milestones and monitor the progress of tasks towards those schedules
- Experience using Agile game development methodologies
- Experience working with Jira a plus
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to manage competing priorities
- Experienced at bringing clarity to ambiguity and capable of adapting to change
- Experience working with large, cross-discipline teams a plus
- Experience with multi-platform video game development a plus
This position is based out of our Bellevue, WA office. Due to COVID-19 we have temporarily transitioned to a work from home model.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.