7 days ago
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, San Jose, Vancouver and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
The production team for NBA 2K is seeking a Producer for the production team to work on the games ever-expanding career mode (MyCAREER). MyCAREER is a fun, personalized, and engaging part of the title in which gamers develop their own player on a journey to NBA stardom. In this role, you’ll get involved from the ground up with design, implementation, and playtesting for one of the world's most popular games.
What You Will Do:
- Brainstorm, design, and iterate on everything related to MyCAREER, from narrative storylines to career-boosting mechanics to game-enhancing modes and features that add significant richness to gameplay
- Work closely with various members of the development team to bring features to life from the ground up
- Directly implement various MyCAREER flow and systems
- Be responsible for entire features and designs from start-to-finish, including implementation, revision, and bug testing
- Organize and participate in playtesting, feedback, and other design elements over the course of the development cycle
- Communicate designs clearly by way of documentation, visual guides, and group discussions
- Learn, grow, and evolve with the other members of the production team as we strive to make a fun and unique NBA 2K experience each year
- Informally mentor junior producers to help them grow
Who Will Be a Great Fit:
- 2-3 years of design training, having shipped at least one commercial title
- Passionate about video games (not just ours!)
- Ability to own and manage complex areas of the game that interact with multiple different systems and see them through to completion
- Clear understanding of various methods of game design execution: mechanisms, progression, balance, tuning, etc.
- Familiarity with the NBA 2K series
- Deep familiarity with game design fundamentals including communication, motivation, learning, pacing, and flow
- An NBA fan who is familiar with the sport, the players, and the history
- Strong technical skills with experience in scripting and implementation of story-driven designs
- Able to take initiative and be proactive rather than reactive, as well as think and adjust quickly when needed
- Can work to specification and to schedule, in an existing pipeline or a brand new one
- Not afraid to speak your mind and willing to share your opinions and ideas, including backing them up as needed
To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website at www.vcentertainment.com
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.