15 days ago
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios are responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, including Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, 31st Union and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building, and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, problem solvers, and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do their best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California, and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need
Develop quality games, from concept to release, and assist in maintaining the creative vision of game franchises for 2K Games. A Producer is a leader, capable of taking charge of a project, franchise, or external team and unifying the project or group effectively towards a specific set of goals. This role requires the simultaneous management of multiple products or workstreams on a single AAA product. They are ultimately responsible and accountable for shipping products timely and to a high degree of quality whether as their direct responsibility or via their direct reports. Additionally, the Producer is encouraged to contribute to the growth of the Publishing Production group whether through improving group-wide processes or spearheading initiatives around training or sharing their institutionalized knowledge.
What You Will Do
- Develop product budgets and schedules and maintain forecasts of the budget, anticipating, identifying, and resolving overruns with studios, outsourcing partners and other 2K publishing departments
- Ensure adherence to schedules and budgets through enforcement of turning point approval or disapproval as per established contracts or internal processes
- Establish, maintain, and improve relationships and mutual collaboration with internal and external studios
- Potential day-to-day direct management and mentorship of other publishing production staff including hiring, personnel reviews, etc
- Be involved with the hiring, mentoring, and support of the growing team of producers, developing personal growth plans, and providing performance feedback
- Ensure projects are set up for success in hitting quality targets through collaboration with 2K’s User Research, Consumer Insights and QA depts.
- Coordinate with industry first-parties (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo) seeing projects from concept through to gold master
- Coordinate with Marketing to ensure alignment between Product Development, Studios and Marketing
What Will Make You a Great Fit
- 5-7+ years of experience in internal or external game development or publishing
- Experience shipping console & PC titles and detailed knowledge of the console & PC platforms
- Must demonstrate strong fiscal sense, in leading budget and expectations both within the team and to executive management
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), time and project management skills
- Ability to assess quality and foresee development challenges at all phases of product development
- Experience building and managing relationships with studios, vendors and other external resources
- Experience with industry-first parties (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo) seeing projects from concept through to gold master
- Expected to identify and then take ownership of any responsibilities that lie within the scope of the project and are not currently assigned
- Experience with games-as-a-service (GaaS) preferred
- Experience with AAA products preferred
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need a reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.