Producer, Voice Over - Sound
Irvine, CA, United States
9 days ago
Do you have a passion for organizing projects, interacting with people, and analyzing process for maximum effect? Do you thrive in a high stakes and fluid work environment that requires agility, creative problem-solving and strong inter-personal skills to ensure that projects are delivered on time and to the highest standards? Are you the person we're looking for?
Blizzard Entertainment’s audio team is seeking an associate producer to assist voice over (VO) and casting production across all Blizzard franchises. Your primary responsibility will be coordinating with the Sr. VO Producer and Sr. Casting & VO Director to maintain timely schedules and deliverables for all of Blizzard’s IPs. You will assist with the pre-production phases for all the project’s VO and casting needs, as well as additional responsibilities such as creating contract requests, interacting with talent and supporting the needs of the VO Producer and VO & Casting Director. Excellent organizational and communication skills are a must as you’ll be collaborating and working with contacts both inside and outside of Blizzard. Blizzard contacts include multiple development and support teams throughout the company (e.g., cinematics, PR, legal, web, creative development, community, marketing, etc.). and external partners include recording studios, voice directors, talent agents, actors, etc.
- Collaborate with the Sr. VO producer, Sr. Casting and VO Director, and the audio production team to create and maintain project schedules
- Help to continually refine the voice over development pipeline to increase production efficiency and quality
- Communicate status of voice over content, assets, tools, and features to VO producer and/or audio production director as necessary
- Manage, maintain and organize digital archives of VO & talent paperwork and VO assets.
- Schedule recording sessions with talent agents and recording studios
- Schedule VO related personnel/resources, eg. Directors, Designers, Editors
- Create and track talent paperwork for recording sessions
- In concert with our Legal and Finance depts., create contracts and track invoices for contractors
- Attend recording sessions and support VO Director and talent needs
- Assist in the planning and execution of Voice Actor Panels at BlizzCon
- 3-5 years’ product development experience on AAA titles
- Able to accurately and efficiently manage a large volume of tasks
- Able to effectively coordinate with a large network of external contractors including studios, actors and their agents
- Thorough knowledge of voice over and casting pipelines in the entertainment industry
- Comfortable managing a large amount of talent paperwork and legal contracts
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Willing and able to travel as needed including travel to LA-area recording studio for VO sessions
- Self-motivated with an ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work independently, and/or within a team
- Computer literate and familiar with MS Office products, especially Excel (macro programming knowledge a plus)
- Passion for video games
Job Status: Full-time
- Knowledge of standard and practices relating to SAG+AFTRA registered productions
- Knowledge of Blizzard and its games
- Working knowledge of employing external audio vendors, such as recording studios and payroll companies
- Working knowledge of audio tools and programs, such as Pro Tools
- Working knowledge of audio, graphic, and movie file types and applications
- Knowledge of JIRA, Shotgun and other game development pipeline and project management tools
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely reciprocal and creative environment, a diverse and broad employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!