This job might no longer be available.
San Francisco, CA, United States
4 months ago
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for an exploding mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with democratized access to fun, fair and skill-based competition for real prizes , shifting the paradigm to make eSports accessible to anyone, anywhere with a mobile device.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 13,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host over 800 million tournaments for 18 million players worldwide.
This year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time ). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies . In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America .
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for producers for our daily eSports gameshows and content. Our producers will work collaboratively with our host (or hosts), script writers and associate producers to create exciting experiences for our audience. Y ou will be a core member of our production team. If you are passionate about producing engaging live content this is your dream job. With your refined process, results-driven approach and your ability to create memorable viewing experiences, you will be both a team lead and a generalist for our entire production process.
- Produce up to 5 live shows every week
- Coordinate with cross-functional team internally and externally consisting of assistant producers, script writers, hosts, designers, engineers and product managers
- Review scripts and make edits, additions as needed
- Participate in brainstorming, conceptualizing ideas, development and execution
- Come up with original, engaging content
- Identify opportunities for improvement to always raise the quality of shows and events
- 3+ years experience in production including writing, directing, shooting, video equipment handling, camera and lighting knowledge, editing, sound and graphics.
- Strong technical production knowledge
- Capable of handling deadlines and multi-tasking
- Business-minded with understanding of budgets and metrics/analytics.
- Have experience playing mobile games, especially ones on the Skillz platform ( https://games.skillz.com )
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .